Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrotchPheasant
Jun 7, 2004

nobody important
I picked up the starter set for this, and it looks pretty fun. Not a huge time investment, no painting necessary, and the prices aren't GW-level exorbitant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrotchPheasant
Jun 7, 2004

nobody important

Weissritter posted:

Having only played 1 game, and thought about it for quite a bit.. Is Wedge the 'best' X-wing pilot at the moment?

It'd make sense, I think he was the 'best' X-wing pilot in the books as well.

CrotchPheasant
Jun 7, 2004

nobody important

lighttigersoul posted:

I'm going to have to find the books at some point, because I remember a character that was mentioned to be both not wedge, and wear two Death Star patches. It was definitely the X-Wing series, I just can't remember which one.

I think I vaguely remember something about this. Was it someone that fought on the Empire side during one of the battles? I've gone through everyone that I can think of that's ever been involved, and while there are some that have a Death Star and Hoth, I can't think of anyone else that has two Death Stars.

CrotchPheasant
Jun 7, 2004

nobody important

jivjov posted:

My FLGS said they would probably start shipping in late October, and be at stores a couple weeks after that. However Fantasy Flight does not give out firm release dates, so it could slip later than that.

According to the guy at mine, it'd probably be late November.

Finally got my first game in today and it was a lot more fun than I'd anticipated. Took about an hour to get through one of the book missions, but 75% of that was reading rules. I can't imagine how fast this can go when everyone knows what they're doing...

• Locked thread