Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Enri: The base set is plenty fun on its own, since you can experiment around with different builds -- you're just going to be limited by not having enough ships and missing out on some of the more popular builds. So there's two ways you can go about it. Slowly build up your expansions as you need them and can fit them in, or pick a build from the beginning and build your way towards that as a goal.

If you want to build an team as cheaply as possible, play as Rebel and add in one X-wing and one Y-wing expansion. Rebel ships are more expensive and have more upgrade options (droids, missiles, etc.) that would allow you to fill up your 100 points faster. With the Imperials, unfortunately your upgrade options are more limited, and the ships are cheaper, meaning you need more of them (and thus, need to spend more money) to reach your 100 points.

On the other hand, $15 for expansions is actually really doable for most people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
I just want a Nebulon-B frigate. And a Corellian Corvette. A Corellian gunship would be even cooler but I'll stick with the basics. Basically I want to play a mix of Fleet Commander, Harpoon, Homeworld, and Tie Fighter, except with little plastic mans ships. Is that so much to ask? I mean, fighters are cool and all and I really dig this game but capital ships own and give you so much potential for crew cards, modified configurations, etc.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender

I must be the only one who doesn't like those repaints. The asteroids are ok, but goddamn is that Lambda atrociously ugly.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Is it me or does that YT just look too clean

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Corellian Gunship corvette? Though I guess it's technically more identifiable as Rebel, it could easily be used for both.

• Locked thread