Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I watched the youtube tutorials video and this game looks dope as hell. I am super looking forward to be dine with moving so I can pick it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

jivjov posted:

You make a good case. I guess my only hang up is that as a poor college student, I know I'm gonna spend $100+ bucks on this game anyway, I just can't do it in one go like that. Perhaps its time to learn the value of saving up.

For some content actually related to the game, how well do X-Wings and TIE Fighters stack up against each other? In the Star Wars films/EU, TIEs are super fragile, but I would think to have a balanced game, FFG would have to have buffed them up a little.

From what Ive read it seems 2 TIES = 1 x-wing due to its shields and firepower advantages.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Oh boy! Got my core set today all set up an ready to go. As soon as my wife gets off the toilet we are gonna play the quick start game!

This is her introduction into tabletop gaming :3

Edit: she didnt like it. Thought it was to slow.

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 27, 2012

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Ordered a second core set and all the expansions just now at the comic shop.

Groovy times to be had.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I've organized an X-wing night at the local game store in Dover DE 9 Oct at 6 if anyone will be in the area.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I bought 2 random rear end bead holders at Michaels and divided it up into Empire and Rebels so when I play I can just hand someone a case and theyll have everything they need and ill have everything I need.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Ran a demo night at the local game store tonight.

No one showed up.

:toot:

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

jivjov posted:

Got my Plano case today. Holds everything alright, but I'm a bit concerned about putting more ships in it. I'll probably have to get a bit more creative (maybe some foam bits like a previous poster suggested) to fit more ships in the way I'd like them.

That said, now that everything is in a nice, easy to carry case, I can take X-Wing on the go.

I got two generic bead holders that have adjustable slots. They are enough to hold two starters and all the current expansions and plenty more. The rules book on the top makes it tight enough to hold everything down so it doesn't slide around.

This way I can just hand a faction to someone and it has all the cards, tokens, ships, dials, dice, movement thingies, etc that they need to play.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Colonial Air Force posted:

I'm still waiting for 40k RPG books from FFG I ordered 18 months ago.

It takes a long time to pack 40,000 books. And transporting them? Jeez...

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Winson_Paine posted:

Suppose you are a huge nerd who loves having little space ships you will NEVER GET TO USE?

Nobody plays around here so this is me :(

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Devlan Mud posted:

CorSec has some baller new movement templates and a range ruler to go with their firing arc template. I'll probably pick these up at some point, I also need to see how much one of their starfield mats will cost in 3'x3'.

http://corseceng.com/blog/2012/12/10/new-products-x-wing-compatible-templates.html

I wanna take those templates out behind the middle school and get them pregnant.

I wish people around here played :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Joe_Richter posted:

Got a few games in over the weekend; awesome fun but we both really need to work on manoeuvring properly as we ended up with all 9 ships touching in a massive conga line at one point.

I wish it wasn't sold out basically everywhere now as I wanna get enough ships for 2 100 point forces so I can. Lure my friends in.

If you are in the US, email me at username @gmail.com

Edit: or anyone looking for x-wing stuff I guess

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 12, 2013

• Locked thread