Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seizure Sloth
Dec 28, 2006

The electroshock seizure of the sloth consists of weak extension followed by tonic flexion and terminal clonus.

Mnemosyne posted:

Does anyone have any links to some scientific sources saying that I don't need to ignore my baby to keep him from being spoiled? I'm getting this "spoiled" stuff from both my family and my husband's family. They will literally call me on the phone and say "you're not picking that baby up too much, are you?"

It's driving me insane, but I can't be too upset with them because I know it's what they were taught. I just need to teach them that that doesn't line up with current theories. But I need to show them something that carries more weight than some random baby website. Links?

I know in the What To Expect for the First Year book, it says it's not possible to spoil your baby in the beginning and it's actually better for the baby if you step in when they're crying. At some point, when I'm not holding a semi-sleeping baby, I can look up the page number for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU