Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Levitate posted:

Then again apparently 3.5 years old is the magical age when your awesome kid turns into a raging rear end in a top hat multiple times per day

Ah poo poo. My kid will be 3.5 when baby 2 is born...

I originally wanted a smaller age gap (it took a lot longer to conceive second time around) but I'm pretty happy with where we ended up. A few friends have a bang-on 2 year age gap, like we're talking a day or two difference between their kids' birthdays, and the first year has been ROUGH. Fingers crossed that the extra bit of maturity makes this less hellish, and that they are still close enough to entertain each other...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Tamarillo posted:

Assuming the final embryo transfers result in a viable pregnancy, we'll have a 3 year, 3 - 6 month difference between kids. It's a bigger age difference than we initially wanted, but my reservations are mostly from my sister and I hating each other growing up and we had a 4 year gap. I think that was more to do with her personality and insecurities (since dealt with as an adult, we are fine now) than the age difference. There is a 3-4 year age difference between all my husband's siblings and they are largely indifferent to each other. I don't want to get my hopes up that our kids will actually like each other but I think if they can co-exist mostly peacefully then that would be okay.

Good luck with the transfer! I wanted a 2 - 2.5 year age gap but we had trouble conceiving second time around. We ended up with a 3.5 year gap and it's actually been fantastic. Older girl is mature enough to be able to help and absolutely adores her little sister.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

I had the same conversation about my mum with my 3-year-old, who just kept asking "why is she dead?" Then said "aww, Grammy deady!" and went back to her toys.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Oh hi, fellow university workers. I've also stayed in my (non academic) job because of the flexibility - I came back 3 days a week after my first child, then back to full time after a year at part time.

I'm about to go back part time again after having my second child, but suddenly I'm getting massive resistance from management and have been told my role is full time and that I need to work out a solution. Even 4 days a week isn't enough, they want full time ASAP. Which is bullshit because both Australian law and our employee agreement say that flexible work arrangements must be granted to parents... Except on "reasonable business grounds" to refuse. Aka a huge loophole.

Turns out that senior management (all long past the days of having small children) are concerned about the number of us returning from maternity leave and needing part time work, so they've agreed that it's "reasonable" to expect all returning parents to be working full time within six months of returning. And I'm the first one coming back, so I'm copping it first.

So now I'm in the fun position of protecting my rights (and those of the other women coming back after me) versus being labelled a troublemaker and jeopardising any chance of career advancement. Wish me luck.

But I actually came to post about my nine month old, who was previously a great sleeper - only waking once a night to feed, and at close to 4am. So close to sleeping through. Then we hit a regression HARD. She's waking up every two hours, taking ages to settle, and just screaming.

She's also got a stupid amount of teeth (7) and more coming through. Plus learning to crawl and pulling up to stand. Basically everything's hitting at once and we are WRECKED. She's still in our room because we can't have her waking up the 4-year-old in the only other bedroom. Help? It's been going on for weeks now with no sign of improvement.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Nah, she's been on bottles since 6 months because she started drawing blood by biting at every feed. I miss how much easier settling was with the boob as an option. Good call on preloaded syringes, I might give that a go tonight.

How hosed is the return to work stuff?! Makes you realise how much the rhetoric around supporting women to get back in the workforce is just empty bullshit. And it's unfortunately not that easy to just go and find another job that allows part time (though I'm looking!).

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Jumpsuit posted:

But I actually came to post about my nine month old, who was previously a great sleeper - only waking once a night to feed, and at close to 4am. So close to sleeping through. Then we hit a regression HARD. She's waking up every two hours, taking ages to settle, and just screaming.

She's also got a stupid amount of teeth (7) and more coming through. Plus learning to crawl and pulling up to stand. Basically everything's hitting at once and we are WRECKED. She's still in our room because we can't have her waking up the 4-year-old in the only other bedroom. Help? It's been going on for weeks now with no sign of improvement.

Last night went like this:
6.45 nurofen, milk and bed
7.30 finally goes to sleep after screaming
9.30 wake up screaming
10.30 wake up screaming, move her to my bed
11.30 wake up grizzling
12.30 wake up grizzling. Give her milk
1.30 wake up screaming. Give her panadol
2.45 I wake up to pee 😑
3.30 wake up screaming. Swap to the couch, husband takes over the bed and baby
5.00 wake up grizzling
6.00 up for the day

In the fog of this morning we noticed a couple of red spots on her chin. And in her mouth. You guessed it, it's HFM! Must have come via daycare from her asymptomatic big sister.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Good news: 9-month-old is learning to self settle overnight

Bad news: her preferred method is yelling NA NA NA NANANANANANA into the cot mattress for 20 minutes

Worse news: the cot is next to our bed and she wakes up multiple times a night

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

life is killing me posted:

The cough he has right now is actually worse than the HFM. With the latter he had a fever the first night and was acting pretty lethargic, and by the next day it was gone without Tylenol and he was acting like his usual self again, just with spots on his butt and feet. This cough is waking him at night and sometimes when he talks it’s like he’s got laryngitis because of all the mucus.

Hi HFM buddy. My 4-year-old now has an epic night cough exactly like your kid's so I know how you're feeling. Is that a common after effect? Either way it's bullshit. Getting woken by a baby who stirs hourly and just wants to yell from 1-3am, and then a kid who can't stop coughing and wakes up for the day at 5 is bullshit. Tempers are so short in our house, and we're in lockdown again which isn't helping.

I couldn't get the GP to see the kid without her first having a covid test, so we had to line up at the children's hospital for that fun. She took it really well thankfully. But then we had a video consult which was utterly pointless and the connection kept dropping out. Ended up using some Ventolin which seemed to help a bit. Good luck.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Tamarillo posted:

My son says "elbob" for elbow and I never want it to change.

Same here but "earblob" for earlobe.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Any ideas on what could be going on with my almost-12-month-old?

She has never slept through the night. Ever. The best we got was at around the 8 month point when she would wake up for a feed once at around 4am, so she was incredibly close. Then she went completely backwards and the last 3 months have been utter hell. She is up every few hours and it's taking years off my life.

She goes to sleep in her cot fine on her own (we do bath, stories, milk, teeth, song, bed). Consistent 7pm bedtime. We put her down awake and she self settles fine. She's on 2 naps which are usually 1 hour 10min each. Not breastfeeding and she's night weaned.

But she doesn't STAY asleep at night and screams the house down pretty much every time she wakes up. Here's a snapshot of the last 3 nights:

Night 1: asleep at 7.30, woke up at 10.30, 1.15 and then a thousand times until 6am when she was up for the day

Night 2: asleep at 7, woke up every half hour until 10.30, awake at 1.30, 5.15 then up at 5.30

Night 3: asleep at 7, awake screaming from 10.30-12.30, awake at 3.30 and 5.00, up for the day at 6

Please help 😭

Edit: we have done sleep training (Ferber) for a full week and it did not help, she got more and more distressed. And she can self settle for naps fine so I don't understand what it could be. She's in a cot in her sister's room, but because she wakes so often, the 4 year old now sleeps in our bed and Dad has taken over the single bed in a bid to get this sorted. He pats her back to sleep if she's still screaming after 10 minutes. We do not have another bedroom she can sleep in.

I'm pretty close to taking her to the doctor in case it could be reflux or a food intolerance or something (she arches her back and screams, and will fall back asleep but then seize up every 5 minutes) but wouldn't that manifest earlier than 8 months?

Jumpsuit fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 13, 2021

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Jumpsuit posted:

Any ideas on what could be going on with my almost-12-month-old?

She has never slept through the night. Ever. The best we got was at around the 8 month point when she would wake up for a feed once at around 4am, so she was incredibly close. Then she went completely backwards and the last 3 months have been utter hell. She is up every few hours and it's taking years off my life.

She goes to sleep in her cot fine on her own (we do bath, stories, milk, teeth, song, bed). Consistent 7pm bedtime. We put her down awake and she self settles fine. She's on 2 naps which are usually 1 hour 10min each. Not breastfeeding and she's night weaned.

But she doesn't STAY asleep at night and screams the house down pretty much every time she wakes up. Here's a snapshot of the last 3 nights:

Night 1: asleep at 7.30, woke up at 10.30, 1.15 and then a thousand times until 6am when she was up for the day

Night 2: asleep at 7, woke up every half hour until 10.30, awake at 1.30, 5.15 then up at 5.30

Night 3: asleep at 7, awake screaming from 10.30-12.30, awake at 3.30 and 5.00, up for the day at 6

Please help 😭

Edit: we have done sleep training (Ferber) for a full week and it did not help, she got more and more distressed. And she can self settle for naps fine so I don't understand what it could be. She's in a cot in her sister's room, but because she wakes so often, the 4 year old now sleeps in our bed and Dad has taken over the single bed in a bid to get this sorted. He pats her back to sleep if she's still screaming after 10 minutes. We do not have another bedroom she can sleep in.

I'm pretty close to taking her to the doctor in case it could be reflux or a food intolerance or something (she arches her back and screams, and will fall back asleep but then seize up every 5 minutes) but wouldn't that manifest earlier than 8 months?

Back with an update. Like 2 days after I posted this, she started sleeping through the night. Still have no idea what was going on but God drat do I feel better after months of no sleep

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

2DEG posted:

We're going to the ped in a couple of weeks so we'll ask there as well, but in the meantime maybe someone here has any ideas about this weird sleep regression. 8.5 month old is sleep trained, falls asleep on his own really easily, and was generally sleeping pretty well. However, in the last few weeks he's started waking up shrieking like a banshee a couple of hours into sleep, completely unable to self soothe, no amount of back rubbing or gentle talking works. If I let him cry, he'll just continue to scream on and off until I can't take it anymore (longest was an hour). We did really gradual sleep training with minimal crying so I have no tolerance for it. I've resorted to bed sharing again as that does calm him and it's the only way we can make it through the night relatively calmly. No sign of teeth, no other obvious discomforts, happy as a clam during the day, naps are pretty solid at home though a crapshoot at daycare. Last night, I got up at some point after having brought him in for the night because he was restless and realized he was actually wide awake. Like, aware, looking around, but otherwise calm. Put him back in his crib and he fell asleep without a fuss. It's just this weird agitated state he gets into that prevents him from self soothing. Too young for night terrors, and I can't believe he'd have nightmares every night for weeks. No allergies or food sensitivities that we know of.

Gimme your theories!

I had this exact thing, starting at around the same age. Search my posts in this thread. It was baffling, nothing we did would help at the time. Eventually she just started sleeping through but it was several months of torture. We also have low tolerance for crying. I think what helped was just progressively leaving her alone for longer depending on how upset she was as she'd get more upset if anyone tried to help her. BABIES

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Tom Smykowski posted:

Anytime my 15mo hears the toilet flush, he runs in and slaps the toilet and runs out :concerned:

sounds like he's high fiving it for a job well done

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

We are at 14-month-old pterodactyl screech phase and I hope it ends soon so I can retain what's left of my hearing

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

What the gently caress is roseola and more importantly HOW did my kid get it in lockdown

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

nachos posted:

Normal, well functioning brain: 4 day weekend!!
Broken parent brain: gently caress, 4 days without daycare

Our last lockdown was 10 weeks with no daycare and both of us parents working from home full time. Kids are aged 1 and 4 which I think was the worst possible combination. 4-year-old would have been totally fine occupied with reading, arts and crafts, but the 1-year-old is a wrecking ball. I think I aged visibly about 10 years over that time. I've never felt so stressed out and burnt out in my life.

Then we had two weeks of daycare in which both kids caught colds, the 4-year-old broke a tooth and had to have it extracted, and then daycare shut down for another week because of Covid exposures

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

You're still nursing on that side, right? I had awful clogs and had to really push down on my boob while feeding to try and release it. That and hot showers and the on-all-fours feeding.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Not in the US, but our daycare just had an educator test positive who was in the room with our daughter for two days while infectious. Last year we would have been classed as Tier 1 contacts and had to isolate for 14 days, now it's "as long as they're asymptomatic you don't need to get tested and can come back the next day". It's a really weird shift in mindset.

However daycare has now asked ALL families to keep their kids at home for the foreseeable future because the majority of the staff either have covid or are in isolation awaiting test results which are massively backlogged, and they can't get enough replacement educators in. We can't get rapid tests and everything is just a huge mess. Lucky (ish) I was made redundant last year so I can keep the kids home while I'm not working...

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Yesterday's insanity:

- I get a call from school that the 5yo has been involved in a "fracas" with two of her friends DURING CLASS. Teacher had to call for backup to physically separate them. Apparently there were some funny faces being made at each other, which turned into mean faces, which turned into one girl straight up slapping the other two in the face, and then it was a full blown brawl. My kid claims she got hit in the face "for no reason". They are all now best friends again.

- 18mo poops in the bath for the third time in a week

- Stressful bedtime where 18mo screams her head off and 5yo can't sleep because she keeps coughing

- Coughing gets deeper and deeper then suddenly escalates to struggling for breath. I call 000 for an ambulance and it doesn't even ring, just dead air.

- Husband bundles her into the car and speeds to the children's hospital emergency room. It's croup

- Head of emergency comes out and addresses the packed waiting room that they are extremely busy and there's a 7.5 hour wait to be admitted. If you think you can handle your kid at home then line up here

- They line up, get her meds, wait to be discharged and are home at 11pm

- She coughs for the rest of the night keeping us up

- 18mo wakes up for the day at 5.30

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Big and scary day yesterday. I got a call from daycare yesterday morning that my usually very active 20-month-old was limping, not wanting to put weight on her left leg and unhappy. I went to get her and she wouldn't even stand up to come to me when I came into the room, poor little thing. She also felt really hot and lethargic and I started panicking about potential Guillain-Barre as my friend's kid had it at the same age. and lost all motor function in her legs.

Took her to the children's hospital where she was eventually diagnosed with "irritable hip", something that I had never heard of and sounds straight out of the 1800s. It's a joint inflammation that can come up after a virus but is usually in older children. She'll be fine, it's mild and will resolve in a few days.

Treatment is
A) rest (lol if you think a 20-month-old is going to keep still, she's still climbing over everything despite the crook hip)
B) ibuprofen (again lol because this kid haaaaates any form of medication)

I was supposed to have two job interviews that day too but thankfully they were understanding about rescheduling!

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

2DEG posted:

My only gripe with the Kids Fire is that there's just so goddamn much garbage in the app store, I feel like I'm constantly having to clean out dumb waste of time apps. You can mass block stuff by title (No Blippi, not even once), but it still takes effort if you want to keep the stuff your kids see relatively educational. Really wish it had a whitelist instead.

Parenting Megathread: No Blippi, not even once

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

My 22-month-old did a front flip off the couch this morning and hosed up the landing to the extent that she fractured her elbow. Cast for the next three weeks. At least it's winter so we can get by with skipping baths here and there...

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

My kid was exactly the same at that age - everything had to be done in a certain order or it was meltdown and redo time. It drove me crazy and I did wonder if it was a sign of ASD but eventually she grew out of it.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

devmd01 posted:

For a while there when they were a lot younger, the wife and I would yell “TRIFECTA!!!” when all three were crying at the same time.

Hasn’t happened for a long time, then we finally had an opportunity last week. :allears:

TRIFECTA in our house is when a parent manages to hit all three sleeping locations in one night: our bed, kids bed, the couch

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

That could be it! For sure we don't have fluoridated tap water here. I'd forgotten about that practice. Of course it would increase the risk of fluoride poisoning, so it would make sense to be more careful about toothpaste.

Australia here, we have fluoridated water but fluoride toothpaste (albeit low-fluoride) is still recommended for kids from 18 months to age 6. Before that age, just brushing with water is fine.

IIt's also recommended to avoid fluoride supplements in the form of drops or tablets to be chewed or swallowed.

I had (have?) fluorosis causing stains on my teeth, my older sister didn't get it so I'm not sure how I ended up with it. Ended up getting veneers as my staining was really prominent on my front teeth. I'm still pro fluoride!

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

"Mum, the poo isn't coming out. I need someone to squeeze me like a yoghurt"

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Best tip I ever got for physically getting an insane toddler strapped into the car seat is to plant your elbow between their legs, pinned against the crotch so they can't slide out. Then you still have both hands to wrangle the straps.

Unfortunately it means your eardrums are right in the danger zone

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Hadlock posted:

What is everybody's transit time to their daycare, or how much extra time does going to daycare add to your one way commute

About 5 minutes in the car, or 10 minutes on the bike. We recently got an electric cargo bike that has 2 kid seats on the back and it's been a game changer for us. I tend to do a big loop in the morning - leave at 8.15, drop one kid at daycare and then the other kid at school (opposite ends of our suburb) and then am back home by 9 to start work.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

That, but mostly I think it’s that by
kindergarten they’ve had most types of virus. There are only so many adenoviruses and they eventually develop some amount of immunity to them.

And then you hit school, and it's headlice and pinworm time!

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Dirty Needles posted:

Parenting hive mind, anyone got any experience with growing pains in toddlers?

The 20 month old has woken up every night for the last week after 2-3 hours sleep, screaming, arching her back and kicking her legs, grabbing at her nappy and then settling, repeat on and off for a few hours and then she settles back down for a relatively good night sleep. During the day she's absolutely fine, running around happy, eating fine. Growing pains is literally the only thing that seems to match what we're experiencing and I really have no idea what to do.

We've been to the doctor to check for infection, UTIs, anything untoward and she is healthy.

If this is one of those things you have to ride out, god I hope it passes soon.

Did the doctor mention pinworms/thread worms as being a possibility? We had to deal with this the other week - symptoms were exactly the same. The worms crawl out a few hours after the kid goes to sleep so RIP nights 😭

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Dirty Needles posted:

They did actually but how the gently caress do you check for them? Do I have to sift through poop?!

The quickest way is to get your kid to bend over so you can get a close look at their anus (at night, when the kid has been woken up by discomfort), and if they have worms you're likely to see them. Tiny, white, thin wriggly things. I think you can also stick a piece of sticky tape over their butthole and inspect it in the morning but I'm always dubious about whether it would actually stay there overnight.

I would probably recommend just taking the worm tablets if you suspect it at all. If it's a full infestation it might take a while to clear up. Treat everyone in the house too.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Both my kids (2 and 6) have done that at some stage. I just attributed it to the mouth learning how to catch up with the brain, it hasn't been an ongoing problem.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Husband gets covid:
- two kids and I don't catch it
- he stays in bed undisturbed for 3 days (albeit feeling like poo poo)
- I handle work, parenting and household without losing it

I get covid:
- spend day 1 in bed trying to finish work while husband stresses out trying to deal with work and wrangle kids who won't listen to him
- looking forward to an undisturbed day 2 in bed feeling like poo poo, but
- one kid tests positive this morning and has 0 symptoms but won't leave me alone

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Speaking of illness. As someone looking to have a second kid in the next year, how much of that first year at daycare crud immunity carries over to you as a parent? Do you end up getting sick all of the time all over again? Or is it just the second kid mostly getting sick?

This might not answer your question but my second kid went through every daycare disease (HFM, gastro, impetigo, a billion colds) before she even started daycare at age 1 - big sister was bringing the bugs home. It was a blessing in disguise because when she started daycare her immune system was rock solid so she barely missed any days, compared to kid 1.

Second kid is also still testing negative to covid funnily enough. Although it's likely she was patient 0 and brought it home asymptomatically...

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Carotid posted:

Having a toddler when you have Covid sure is exhausting. I tested positive on the 23rd and tried to isolate in hopes that my at-the-time-testing negative husband and toddler wouldn't get it, but husband tested positive this morning and got knocked out with a fever today.

We have no idea if toddler is positive too, but she sure doesn't act like it! I'm relieved she's not suffering, but her high-energy chipperness is kind of hard to keep up with after a few days of Covid. She's so darn cute though and is such a wonderful bright spot in all of this. She wanted to check on her dad after we had dinner since he was still laid out in bed upstairs, and told him "I hope you feel better soon!"

My covid positive toddler and 6-year-old are currently having a wild bed jumping dance party to Darude's Sandstorm while I mourn the loss of my sense of taste and smell

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

My older daughter was fully trained at 3. We did a pretty lazy and slow method and kept things very chill which worked for her.

We never did the potty because they gross me out and I didn't want to deal with transitioning from a potty to the toilet as I'd seen kids get scared of using the big toilet after getting used to a potty, so we just got a smaller seat with steps up to the toilet. I think she was around 2 when we introduced the seat, and we'd encourage her to sit on it for fun every few days and she'd get to watch a Daniel Tiger toilet training YouTube compilation which goes for around 10 minutes.

But we didn't introduce undies until just before 3, when daycare said they thought she was ready to try and that most other kids were in undies. We sent her in undies, she had a couple of accidents the first few days, then bing bang boom she was done. She managed to night train herself immediately too, no idea how that happened but we had nothing to do with it. Just realised her nappies were dry in the morning so we were suddenly done.

Second daughter is now 2.5 and we've been doing the same thing. She takes herself to the toilet and yells "I want to watch baby tiger!" Occasionally wees, occasionally doesn't. Honestly parenting is stressful enough that I've made the conscious decision to not let this be A Thing we need to stress out about.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

My 6-year-old is a real screen junkie. We've never had an iPad, just the one TV, and have always limited her screen time to less than an hour a day (with the occasional movie on weekends) because she would get completely hypnotised, and more often than not she would melt down when it was time to turn it off. A couple of years ago we implemented TV tokens, which were two little laminated coins we made, valid for one half-hour episode each a day, which worked pretty well in managing her expectations and making it easier for her to switch the TV off once her tokens had been spent for the day. We really found we had to stick to using them though, because if we got lax and let her have "just one more episode", her behaviour would really downgrade. Kid needs boundaries.

Usually we don't put the TV on for non-kid stuff while they're awake, but now the Aussie football season's started and our team's doing really well. So we've been chucking the daytime games on on the weekends. She happily watched our team's game while pottering about doing other things, then last week we watched another game that our team wasn't in. SHE SAT ON THE COUCH AND READ A BOOK. Didn't get hypnotised, didn't melt down, didn't ask to watch something else. I feel like we've hit a milestone.

We were always pretty strict about TV from the start because we noticed the effect it had on her behaviour, but I know heaps of kids who have unIimited TV time and I feel like they're so used to having it on that it's not a big deal anymore and they don't whine for it or melt down when it's off. My sister has her TV on all day and her kid doesn't care at all. It probably wouldn't have worked on my kid, but that's the way it goes.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

I've been through a fair bit of poo poo in my life but I can tell you that nothing really compares to the current experience of having a toddler with a UTI and pinworms AT THE SAME TIME

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Tom Smykowski posted:

Toddler fell off a ladder at the park and fractured his wrist. Any suggestions for toddler games that don't involve bouncing off the walls?

My toddler fractured her elbow jumping off the couch. As soon as we got home from hospital with the cast on, she was back up there trying to repeat her acrobatics, and then was still swinging off bars and gates with a cast. So...good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

I have one of these and love it so much. It's basically a second car. We've put 1200km on it since November, and most of that is just doing the school and daycare runs. Our kids are 2 and 6 and love it. We did look at hiring one but found that after a year of hire we would have paid more than the outright price, so it made sense to bite the bullet.

Pro tip: get a Bluetooth speaker that straps onto the bike and let your kids be DJ monsters on the commute. This also has a functional benefit, the bike is quiet as hell (it's electric) so people need to hear you coming