Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

LizzieBorden posted:

A few riding lessons for the (pony mad) girl

Did you clear this with the parents first? If she's that pony mad she will NOT want to stop after just a few lessons and that's a hobby that gets expensive fast.

(Speaking as a girl who started riding at age 9 with parents who hoped I'd grow out of it. Took my horse to college and rode on the university's riding team for a bit. See how well that whole "growing out of it" worked out.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

dreamcatcherkwe posted:

Does he like presents? Wrapped small toys can be a hit. Foods he doesn't get to eat often. Coloring books and crayons or markers are good.

My mom did this when she had to take my sister and I on a 12 hour road trip by herself when I was about that age. She went to the dollar store and got a bunch of cheap toys and wrapped them up and gave us a new present once an hour, so we'd get a new toy to play with once the novelty of the previous one had worn off. She says it saved her sanity.