Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Black Bean has a tendency to stare and likes to hide.

Kolodny posted:

A good book is “The Crayons’ Book of Feelings”. Each crayon color expresses a feeling, and at the end it has a rainbow crayon that has all the feelings all at once. Rainbow feelings happen a lot to 2 year olds :)
Thank you for this recommendation. My mother is essentially the primary guardian of my 21 month old niece, and all I've been hearing about recently is how she's expanded from being happy 100% of the time to crying and sometimes hitting (which all sounds developmentally appropriate to me and understandable given her unique circumstances). Mom is trying to read to her every day, so I think this might help both of them.

And I'm having my own bub at the end of March, so we might want a copy when he's that age as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

I became a mommy this morning at 1:32 AM, and I couldn’t have had a better birth. I had a scheduled induction because of type 2 diabetes, and I was really expecting a long process with a worry that it wouldn’t work and end in a c-section. Instead, I only had to take 2 out of 3 doses of the misoprostol, skipped right past starting pitocin because my water broke as the nurse was going to turn it on, felt WONDERFUL once I got my epidural after going from 3 cm to 7 cm dilated in 2 hours, and only pushed for 12 minutes. From start to finish, it took 15 hours.

Now we are struggling with both me and baby learning how to breastfeed, but he is so cute and I love him and I’m happy he’s finally on the outside. :)

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Newborn projectile pooped while dad was changing his already poopy diaper. Dad dodged it, and now it’s all over my rug instead.

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Elissimpark posted:

I'm sure the speech was to do with what was happening at the moment but the mental image of delivering Marc Antony's Eulogy from Julius Caesar randomly at the dinner table is much funnier.

"Behave kids, otherwise there's a lot more where that came from."
That’s literally what my dad did when we were kids. It caused a lot of dissociating at the dinner table.

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Calexio posted:

Congrats, little one!

One thing I've just realised I don't actually know if: do all babies make the same noises? I've always assumed they do. The only babies I have been around in decades are mine and a friend's. My friend's little one didn't really make any noises at all when we were with them but ours is constantly sounding off. He specializes in "awoo"s like some kind of tiny wolf. I was cuddling with him this evening and he gave a proper rise and fall, "AwooOOoo." I just about melted.

I love my 2-week-old’s sleepy noises. He suddenly made the same kind of noise in his sleep the other day, a big WOOOO followed by … eh. It makes me wonder what they’re thinking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Mr. Freebus posted:

holy poo poo i forgot how noisy newborns are. chill, buddy
I communicate with my husband through weird ADHD grunts instead of words, and our 3-week old makes the exact same noises, like drat, this baby is like me fr fr