Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

He then had a poop blowout on my wife lol owned

You will learn not to relish in these events, as something worse is always lurking around the corner the next time it's your turn.

I don't post much here but I think I'll start. I have a just turned 6-year old and a 2.5 year old. Their birthdays are exactly 6 months apart :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
We joke about loving when our kids are truly sick, because they settle down and want to cuddle so much. If they're healthy, they're running around like crazy people generally.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

KG3 did his first overnight without eating :3:
He’s also learned to roll from his front to his back :ohdear: similar to the other bonky baby a few posts ago he now bonks his head on his cradle, but it doesn’t seem to bother him. I’ll get woken up by a hollow bonk on the wood panel of the cradle and he will just stay sound asleep. He’s got to move to the crib tonight, though. Can’t have too much of that.

My kids would flail in their crib while sleeping and smack the headboard (backboard? sideboard? the big one against the wall) with a loud *BANG*! You would be sure there was an injury and wait for the crying, but they would just sleep through it.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
My daughter is 2.5 and we started potty training a couple weeks ago. My biggest complaint this week is that she has figured it out too well, and I have to wipe her every 20 minutes and wash out 10ml of urine.

Honestly, she just flipped the switch in her head and got the assignment. She's super smart, which both makes me proud and terrified of her. She started pushing stools around to get on the countertops at 16 months.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
We got our older one to stop doing that by cleaning him up with cold water in the shower after he pooped his pants. It was more miserable (to him) than sitting on the toilet, and that habit was broken.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

Using cold water on child who can’t/won’t (yet) poop in the potty is pretty awful.

Ugh, y'all are nuts. He was completely able to go in the toilet and had been, but he was running and hiding under things and crapping himself. The water in the shower would take time to get warm, so we started with the cold water instead of waiting for it to warm up before getting in. We live in NC so cold water really isn't that cold lol.

It literally took giving him one uncomfortable shower. Sorry for creating the next mass murderer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
My wife wanted me to quietly get up and take the kids out for breakfast, which I dutifully did. They were angels despite me bringing no toys or screens, and then we went to a park where it was still too wet to play. So we went for a nice drive and let Mom sleep in super late.

We just got back from our family bike ride on the Greenway, after a trip to the sporting goods store for a new baseball glove. Then we stopped at the park so they could finally play as I promised them we would come back later.

We're entering the best years of having little kids, and I am completely here for it.