Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

ChloroformSeduction posted:

Cool, thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely take a look at those too. Basically, I'm looking for something easy, and would rather flush the poop than keep it in the (largely ineffective) Diaper Genie. Have either of you gone the reusable wipes route? That's something that's beginning to look not-so-crazy.

I have tried gDiapers (they were a gift), and they're absolute poo poo. They leak like crazy--I've seen online reviews saying the same thing. Really, just using Flip or World's Best covers with prefolds folded up inside is very simple, absorbent, and relatively cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

Santa never wrapped our gifts; they just turned up on Christmas morning, sometimes with a note. I just assumed we wouldn't wrap our kids' gifts from Santa--weird, the traditions you absorb without noticing.

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

hookerbot 5000 posted:

Edit: And I'd never heard of the Elf on the Shelf thing - that's a bit creepy. Santa was never been used as a discipline tool against me, and I'd never think to use it as one against my children. And finding out that Santa isn't real didnt throw me into an existential crisis or make me assume my parents couldn't be trusted, I was just happy that they had taken the time and effort to do something that brought us all so much happiness. (Although I'm still annoyed I never got the toy kitchen I wanted)

Yeah, I'm with hookerbot. We're doing Santa because I loved Santa and have fond memories of Santa-related excitement; that poo poo about naughty vs. nice is right out, though. Santa will bring you presents, kids.

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

My youngest was army crawling at three months and really crawling at five months--he's only six months now and trying (unsuccessfully, of course) to walk, which looks right now like doing pushups. He's a little terrifying.