Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Superdawg
Jan 28, 2009
What does everyone use for baby gate solutions? My son is 9 1/2 months old and crawling like crazy, almost walking on his own and climbing the stairs like a pro.

We have a collapsible gate going into the kitchen from the living room (This one: http://www.target.com/p/evenflo-expansion-swing-wide-wood-gate/-/A-13979818#prodSlot=large_1_35).

However, our stairs have a landing with one stair that steps down into the room on an angle, so putting a pressure gate isn't really an option. Curious what other people do for the odd configurations with regard to gates. What we've been doing is putting big objects in front of the stair, but he's smart and goes around it in a matter of minutes.

I don't really want to spend $500 on a solution, so the cheaper the better as long as it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superdawg
Jan 28, 2009

"Toadpuppy" post posted:

I'm not sure what your setup is like, so I don't know if it would work, but ours was pretty much just like in the picture with a wall on one side and a railing on the other.

This is what I'm dealing with, don't mind the mess. We are in the middle of cleaning house. He can climb these stairs very quickly, so that's why I'm looking around.

For the top of the stairs, I was going to go with a solid board that spans more than the opening, for maximum strength.

Superdawg
Jan 28, 2009
Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I was thinking about the hearth gate. Was curious where everyone else stood with regard to what they were doing. The price makes me just wanna keep going with putting something big on the stairs so he just can't get by it. :)