Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!
I took my daughter to see the Fresh Beat Band last night, and it was pretty good, even if she spent half the time barely clapping and the other half wondering why twist wasn't wearing his jacket. It was mostly parents and their 1-10 year olds, except at least one guy who looked like a 20+ year old brony by himself. I hope this fad of adult men liking stuff geared toward prepubescent girls ends soon. One guy out of hundreds of people isn't that bad, but it's still gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opie
Nov 28, 2000
We spent Christmas in Vegas a couple years ago when Nicole was about 14 months. Aside from being in my first trimester and feeling crappy, I'm pretty sure we went to this: http://www.opportunityvillage.org/magical-forest/
She seemed to like it, although I think it was kinda freezing when we went.

opie
Nov 28, 2000

frenchnewwave posted:

A cruise might be fun. It's hard to tell her temperament now because she's so young, but I have a feeling she's going to be quite active and demanding of attention (based on current behavior). I've never been on a cruise but it seems like having a room constantly accessible might be good.
I've been on a cruise and would not want to take a kid younger than about 5 on one. The rooms are tiny, and when you get on board they do a drill where you stand there crammed with other people in a life jacket for like 20 minutes - it was awful. And I would be terrified the whole time of the kid getting loose and falling overboard.

I've flown with my older daughter a few times from about 6 months on, but they were short 1.5 hour flights and either she slept or was entertained by the ipad. And we've only been to visit my in-laws, not a real vacation. I don't think that will happen for a couple years, although my mom actually wants to take a Disney cruise with the kids next year (they will be almost 3 and 5 by then).

opie
Nov 28, 2000
We scan it if we can and then throw it out. The stuff where you can tell what it is or isn't just scribbles may get saved.