Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Once a month for some hikes with friends I have to remove the carseat, and every single time I start mumbling swears at it because the latches don't come off within the first couple of tries. I doubt anyone stealing from a car would go through that effort for maybe a 20% coupon at Target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Every day when we get home I have to let our 14mo watch cars drive by or he gets very mad.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Cool new fun thing the 16mo likes to do is bite my hand when I try to guide him away from things like the street or the edge of the sidewalk that has a decent drop or letting people with strollers pass us at the park.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Koivunen posted:

I feel like this is a really dumb question but here we go anyway.

My 15 month old still takes a bottle to get to sleep at night. I rock him in the chair with a bottle until he falls asleep, then put him in his crib without it. He’s too old for formula, my breast milk supply is way too low to fill him up… So do I give him a bottle of cow milk? For some reason that seems strange to me, so I’ve been using toddler formula, even though that seems like a waste of money and unnecessary, especially since the calories are the same and it’s made from milk anyway.

My daughter was breast fed to sleep until she abruptly stopped on her own so I haven’t had this come up before.

My wife's supply is too low for a full day of milk for our 17mo, so at day care he drinks whatever we give them first and then it goes to whole cow milk for the rest of the day until bedtime, where he gets some breast milk again.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Took our 18mo to the zoo for the first time last night, little man absolutely loves giraffes. :3:

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Academician Nomad posted:

My 1 year old for the past few days has been stopping while crawling around to purposely bang his forehead (once) on the floor. It’s a weird behavior and hard to Google because you get an the articles about head wounds. Anyone else seen this?

Ours would do this as well as sit against a wall and slowly bang the back of his head on the wall. He stopped after a while.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Yall arent on thin ice, its the other way around.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

We got one and take it to the zoo and wild animal park. It's nice to not have to carry stuff on yourback all day and the boy can look around wherever while sitting in it unlike the stroller.

Next up is trying it out at the beach.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I think we have finally rounded the corner of having our 2.5yo say "Pizza" instead of "Pipi." Which is good since we're supposed to go to a party at Chuck E. Cheese soon.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

We got the boy's first haircut last summer when he was 15mo since it got so hot here and probably will do it again very soon this summer.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

slave to my cravings posted:

Our toddler refuses to go to sleep before 9:30pm despite skipping naps on the weekend and being deliriously tired after 5pm

We're not alone :negative:

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Oh my god stop eating the cat's dry food

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

2.5yo is now saying "No I'm very busy!" whenever its time to do things like bathe, go potty, sleep, etc.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

I forgot exactly when the boy switched off bottles completely but it was around two. We offered him a bottle and an Ezpz cup with the lid and straw on and let him pick, and he eventuslly dropped bottles.

He's 2.5 now and drinks from smallish cups and a camelbak water bottle his old daycare gave him as a gift.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

We're doing our first 'big' road trip, out to Las Vegas, with our almost 3 y.o. this weekend, so that'll be exciting. I plan on the usual 4.5 hour drive to be a bit longer but I'm sure it'll be good. It's also going to be his first time in the desert where he can walk and explore a bit while we're out at some of the parks.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

Me: Jesus Christ.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

We took our almost 3yo to Meow Wolf Omega Mart yesterday and oh boy was it hard to drag him away when it was time to leave. I'm glad he enjoyed it and did not instead freak out.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

We also moved when the boy was 2.5 and didn't really explain it until the day of. The first few nights he'd ask to "Go home now" but dropped it after that.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

So does ours. Last night he put some in a small bucket up to his lips and I told him it's yucky because of the soap and bubbles. He gulped down a bunch, made a face, and said no it's yummy. :cripes:

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

When you cannot explain how the body works to a toddler

quote:

"Dad I want to pooooooooooooooooooooop" [every hour]

This weekend will be the first weekend we have car camped as a family, so it will be interesting. I took the boy car camping by myself last year and we had a grand ol' time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Kids meant to be seen not heard probably.