Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endor
Aug 15, 2001

Yeah I've been there before, and in my situation at least it wouldn't have done any good to hand my mom a stack of 6 peer-reviewed Attachment Parenting studies and hope she'd agree with them.

Their response was usually something like "Oh those scientists & doctors, every ten years they're changing their minds! Next thing you know they'll be telling us babies should sleep upside-down like bats! When you were little we didn't use any fancy science stuff, and we didn't care about car seats, we just threw you in the back of the van and you turned out just fine!"

So yeah, my response sometimes has to be "This is how we're choosing to raise our child and every time you passive-agressively harp on us about what we're doing it pisses us off, so please stop repeatedly questioning our parenting and just go along with it." Or something along those lines =)

Endor fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Oct 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU