Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

bamzilla posted:

I have a few Jujube diaper bags that I love but they're pricey.

Jujube would be my recommendation too. I have the BFF model, and it has a carry handle, a shoulder strap or backpack straps, so you can convert it to whatever works best for you at the time. I've used mine daily for 13 months now, and it's in great shape. It's also machine-washable, because all of those expensive diaper bags that say "dry clean only" can go to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Has anyone here ever used the "tie chair" fabric things that are supposed to work like a high chair?

http://www.tiechair.com/

I cant tell from the photos, but it seems to me like a kid could still very easily throw themselves off of the chair in one of those. It looks like I might be driving coast-to-coast with a 14-month old, and I'm not going to have room for a lot of crap in the car.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

frenchnewwave posted:

How in the world do you give a wriggly 9 month old liquid medicine that tastes and smells like grape flavored sewer water? She's no fool and she's onto my shenanigans so a sneak attack doesn't really work. I try to get the syringe in her mouth and she clamps down tight. If I get any in her inside cheek, she spits it right out. I tried forcing it tonight and she ended up gagging on it and coughed for the rest of the night so I feel like a jerk. She's got to take this antibiotic 3x a day for 2 weeks and it is not going well. Help?

I pureed some pears and added enough water to make it a sort-of-thick drink and mixed medicine in with that. He drank it from a cup. I don't know why, but my little dude would deal with almost anything mixed with pear puree/juice. Tried mixing it with apple and other things and it was a no-go.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Thirding that dad has issues.

But I too am hard at work, turning my son gay. Turning him into a tiny Elton John...

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

My 16 month old still only sleeps through the night about 5 nights a week. Some kids just sleep better than others. I'm just waiting it out, he's unlikely to keep it up forever.

On the other hand, I know that starting babies on purees earlier won't help them sleep, but now that my kid is older, what he eats before he goes to bed definitely impacts his sleep. If I feed him fruit before bed, he will almost always wake up crying and wanting to nurse in the middle of the night. If I feed him oatmeal, he sleeps through around 75% of the time. But then if I don't eat something late at night, I wake up in the middle of the night with my belly rumbling too, so maybe it just runs in the family.