Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

bamzilla posted:

This is exactly the response I get when I talk about carseats and whatever. "well we didn't use them back in my day and we seemed to survive ok!!" when I'm really adamant about rear facing until at least 2. Most people could give two shits about "studies" if you're questioning anything they did with their parenting 10-20years ago or parenting a different way from them.

This is exactly it. When I was a kid, my parents got a brand new 1976 260z, we went a ton of places in it. Of coarse, it was only a 2 seater so I would sit right behind the passenger seat and use the rear strut tower like a back rest. Back then it wasn't an issue because people hadn't been properly educated and carseats back then were mostly non-existent. Fast forward to 36 years later where education and products are more refined and of coarse it's stupid to look at those years like they were totally fine. I don't buy the "We did it then and our kids turned out ok." bullshit because of refined safety standards. Hell, we wouldn't drink from a spigot with "natural healing properties of uranium", why would we subject our kids to the same thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU