Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Thank you AzraelNewtype for demonstrating exactly the kind of whining about spoilers I said I didn't want in the new forum rules.

This thread is temporarily locked to give you guys some time to think about what you could be talking about instead of whining about boxart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Play nice now.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Of all the ways for the G Gundam thread to die, I have to admit I wasn't expecting a fanart bomb.
Consider it a mercy killing.

A single-person simulwatch is one of the sadder things I can think of.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Hello Gundam posters!

With a new Gundam series on the horizon and this thread being super old (and Zorak not around to update the OP), I've been in secret talks with one of you about the possibility of rebooting the thread using the new series as the Year Zero marker. On this subject, I'd like your collective feedback on a few things since I am not a regular contributor in this thread.
  1. I think it'd be fine if the new thread pulled double-duty, providing a safe space to talk about the new series while also catering to general discussion of the franchise and past titles. However, my contact tells me it's customary to have a separate thread for whatever's currently airing. Any thoughts on this?
  2. Is their anything in your opinion that the new OP absolutely must include? Is it enough to provide a general overview of the franchise, or do you guys want something more detailed and in-depth?
  3. Do you think we even need a new thread at all? Nothing's been set in stone here, I'm just opening up the subject for conversation.
Feel free to discuss these questions alongside any other concerns, inquiries, or alarmist hatred you may wish to express.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. We'll most likely go ahead with the new thread(s?) in October. Your suggestions for the OP will be taken into account, though not all of them may be implemented.

Regarding having one thread or two, since a couple of you have written quite a bit about it, do you guys still wanna discuss that? If not I'll probably just tally up the individual votes and proceed with what the majority wants.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The new Gundam thread should appear sometime within the next few days. Thanks for hanging in there.

As per tradition, IBO will have its own thread, so whoever wants to make that can just go ahead.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yes, Droyer is the person I put in charge of making the new thread.

Please direct all complaints to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

New thread here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a3NMejuFbE

• Locked thread