Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I'm finishing my BA in a couple of years and I'm hoping to commission into the Marines as a LAV officer.

Is this normal joining the military dumb or is this bonus dumb for some reason I haven't thought of yet?

edit: I'm finishing up at a 2-year right now and have been talking to the ROTC people at the school I'm hoping to transfer to, but I figured I could get a more honest answer about this particular point here

Internet Wizard fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

What if I had a prescription for an anti-depressant once for my ADD, but I only took it for a week or so and I hated it so I stopped? Also this was 5 years ago.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

This is probably a dumb question, but if I have a housemate that smokes pot and does a crappy job of ventilating his room, I don't have to worry about that showing up when I go through MEPS, do I?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Vasudus posted:

If he became an 11/12B RIGHT NOW, as in MEPS today, ships tomorrow, BCT starts on Monday, he'll still probably miss out on Afghanistan.

I know an Army infantry guy that had a deployment for this year canceled so chances of a deployment seem pretty slim even for those already in.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Are you assuming the Marines do electronic stuff while standing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

Not trying to be all "hurr mah branch :smug: " but besides impressing girls is there any realistic scenario to join the corps over any other branch?

Watched too much Generation Kill.

• Locked thread