Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
For what it is worth I shipped to boot underweight. The doctor had already left when they realized so they called him and he gave me a waiver over the phone, or something.:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

USMC might take you depending on where you got your GED and when you dropped out of school. Army Reserves can sign you up. If you do nothing else thats pretty much it. USAF recruiter won't even bother. Can't speak for the USN because gently caress 'em

USMC wouldn't look at me and my GED until I had 15 college credits. This was in late 2010, I can't imagine that it has gotten laxer.

One buddy of mine got refused by the USMC for his GED and ended up going USN instead, ymmv.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?

jwang posted:

So, I'm joining the Marines. Horrible decision, etc., yeah I know. Somewhere down the line, I'll hate myself for even thinking about doing this. However, what I want to know at the moment is what MOS is least likely to make me hate myself even more. I would like something dealing with electronics, but from what I've dug up on Google it seems that the promotion rate of the 59 MOS would make me terribly depressed. What options are there for me?

The 28 series works on electronics fixing comm gear. 59 does the same thing but on airplanes (not necessarily comm). If you just want to play with electronics instead of fixing them then go 06. 28s promote fairly slowly, but it is achievable if you have a good PFT and check all your boxes. 06s pick up a lot more quickly. 28s are generally a smarter bunch (and more spergy) if that matters to you.

If you're basing your MOS decision based on how quickly you'll get promoted you should stop and rethink your approach to this.

You can check cutting scores by MOS here.

• Locked thread