Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryTA posted:

I'm shooting for Carson, expecting bumfuck Alaska/Alabama

Alaska owns if you're at Elmendorf or Ft. Rich. Any other duty station in the state is pure misery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Feed Me A Cat posted:

GiP success story: my degrees got me gently caress all post graduation, the collection of stories here about toxic command climates and mismanagement left such an impression I put down the OCS brochures and changed fields. Currently working an entry level IT job at a great small company with solid pay for my level of experience (read: none) and decent prospects for promotion.

Thanks guys :patriot:

Put this in the op.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mustang posted:

What is the average amount you run per week in the army? My recruiters have been telling me about having to run all the time at OCS.

Also what's the pace like? I max the 2 mile but there's no way in hell I can keep that pace for like 5 miles. As it is I feel like I'm going to vomit after that pace for 2 miles, though I never have.

They run a lot in OCS, but it's not that bad. You'll get used to it. OCS PT is a running joke in R.I.P. R.A.S.P. whatever the hell they call it now. It's right down the street behind the "gently caress you regular army don't even look at us" fence. Pretty sure you'll do most of the running there, because most officers coming out of there are better runners than your average enlisted guy who has been in a unit for a while.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't read a lot of GiP, but I appreciate how few dishonest posters there are who would unabashedly call themselves "hooah" and act like they and their jobs are top poo poo around here. Listen to these people.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

zombie303 posted:

Infantry or bust.

This, but make sure you get ranger in your contract and won't sign a voluntary withdrawal form like a bitch so you don't have to sing dumbass cadences.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

vintagepurple posted:

Seriously, if I plan to only enlist for like 3-10 years and then go to college with my sweet government bux (and I'm smart and dedicated just take my word) how bad will I regret combat arms? Every time I think about it I really want to just army the poo poo out of my army period. IDK what I want to do with my life anyway.

My grandpa drove a bigass panzer in Italy against the US and british and my dad shot dudes in Vietnam, if that makes any difference. I don't want to let them down.

If you're talking infantry, the lesser units suck rear end, and the better ones require you to dig a lot deeper than just wanting to "army the poo poo" out of your army period. Airborne is the happy medium where you will probably hate your unit, but you get to jump out of planes which is pretty sweet for the first like 3 times, and you get paid more. Really though, combat arms aren't really a good idea if you don't know exactly what you're looking for, and even then you'll probably hate life.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Victor Vermis posted:

lol if you walked into a recruiter's office not knowing exactly what circumstances you would enlist under and anything else be damned.

So "lol you enlisted before you were old enough to drink/avoid an assfucking", I guess.

I want to say I was a junior in high school when I sought out a recruiter. It was easy for me to not get hosed though. I knew I wanted infantry with the ranger option and if I didn't get that I was out the door. I feel bad for people who do it for the GI Bill and aren't even sure of what job they want. You're just asking to get shuffled to some poo poo rear end job with the worst human beings on earth in that situation.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Having been on both sides of it, I'd still be an infantryman for a year before I'd be a pog for a week.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

zombie303 posted:

Also, "behoove".

For the longest time I thought people were saying X would "be hooah of you." What a dumb fuckin word.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if you say latrine then gently caress you

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why the Marines?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Godholio posted:

Here's the first question you should ask before picking a loving job to do for the next four years of your goddamned life: How will this help me when I get out?

Because according to your original post, the post-military life is the whole reason you're considering this. Why waste four years not helping that?

If you are going into the military to meet the requirements for a job when you get out, you might as well not join. You're essentially a lifer, as you're going to spend 20+ years with the worst scumfuck human beings on earth either way. Get in for the degree so you can start from scratch in an unrelated field, or don't waste your time, imo. That may not be true for every job, but if one of the requirements for post military employment in that field is a security clearance, sever.

As far as infantry goes, I was in Ranger and Airborne infantry units, and later after a medboard, I was dragged kicking and screaming to the Signal Corps. So I've seen both sides of the infantry, and both sides of the Army. My advice would be that if you aren't going to aim to be a Ranger or a SEAL (or SF if you join after you turn 21), or you can't get one of those selection processes in your contract before you ever put on a uniform, don't go infantry. The SOCOM units have their poo poo together, and don't take all the soul-crushing oorah/hooah lets sing songs while we run, your patrol cap is to be parallel with the marching surface soldier, bullshit seriously. Marines and non-airborne/airborne infantry offer a far worse quality of life. The lower down on the totem pole you go, the difficulty to gayness ratio drastically shifts towards the latter. The military has jobs where you stare at a green light and tell someone if it turns red, so you can see just how gay things can become. The vast majority of your job as a standard infantryman will involve things that are stupid as gently caress. Standing at attention for hours at a dumb ceremony for a dude you don't know or care about. Getting yelled at and treated like poo poo because you didn't spend enough dozens of hours shining your boots/shoes by a bunch of sexually frustrated E4's who very transparently have no life and take it out on you. Your job will often be dictated by people who not only have never shot a weapon in anger, but have never even seen someone fire a weapon in anger personally in 20+ years of service, and you're supposed to pretend you respect their braindead decisions. It wears on you really quickly. As a Marine, gayness is a Very Serious way of life, and if you can't picture yourself nodding solemnly and saying oorah when your fat girlfriend with a lazy eye says we need to talk, and you join anyways, then poo poo, you probably bolster the military's growing suicide statistics or something, I don't know. I've never met a Marine infantryman that wasn't all in. It's like a cult.

If you can't see yourself having the ability or the determination to make of it in one of those top tier units (it's really not that hard when it comes to Ranger bat), then you're best off just joining the air force and waiting out your enlistment, as it's far more tolerable on a day to day basis. The navy isn't bad either iirc. I can count the number of people who were in a standard unit, and thought the juice was worth the squeeze when it comes to the cool poo poo you can do as an infantryman, on one hand. The wars are dwindling down, but it's still fairly common for someone to wreck their knee or their back in training, and if that happens, then you will spend the rest. of. your. life. being this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr1zMBN0g0w

If the government decides it doesn't want infantryman anymore at some point within your enlistment, you also have a fair chance of becoming one of these guys. But with luck, without a crippling disability.

http://cdn.csgazette.biz/soldiers/

Without knowing you, all I can say is that you have a really, really low probability of not hating everything about life within a couple years if you go through with it.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 2, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Godholio posted:

I don't entirely disagree with this, but if he's joining to get the GIB, he might as well have something to put on his resume for afterwards. There are a loving TON of fed jobs open right now where if you've got a couple of years of resume experience tangentially related to the field is huge. Spend a year in the RA office ordering poo poo from Skilcraft? That lines up nicely with some GS9 IRS jobs. How about some time working in the safety office making sure people Bin your flying squadron had their fire extinguisher CBT done? Every airport has a bunch of flight safety people and you just resume-ed your way into an interview.

Either pick something easy, or something as closely related to your intended career as possible. Dont bite off on what a recruiter tells you, though. When you've got a couple of jobs in mind post in here again.

There are very few jobs out there that will actually accept your military experience in lieu of training. But having some related experience puts you above most applicants, even if it's not exactly the same thing.

Things like that don't sound really bad, but I know the jobs that it sounded like the Signal Corps were going to lead to had to have been a dogshit life. Infantry isn't as bad as some people portray it either. You don't have the skills, but we don't live in a meritocracy. I got in entry level in manufacturing and we spent a lot of time talking about my time in during the interview. Now that I'm in, I've been able to bounce around and find some solid career options with the experience. Odds are at some point in your life, you will want to work for a company. Companies largely are run by conservatives. Conservatives loving love the infantry. You can still gently caress up your interview and whatnot, but it never hurts to have a bigwig shaking your hand violently and thanking you for your service while conjuring up a heroic vision of whatever they think being an infantryman is, even if it is just a position getting your foot in the door. Once you're in, it doesn't matter anymore. Of course, if you can't communicate clearly and are all hosed up from your deployments, it doesn't work quite like that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mr yen posted:

I spoke to a few friends of mine who were in the military about the SOCOM recruitment programs, they also said it's a lot better than going straight infantry, but I don't know how long it would take to train up to the level of physical fitness they want, my plan is to get out of here as soon as my semester's over, maybe I'll look into it while I still have some time, also the stuff you linked me below your post was pretty eye opening.

I wasn't in great shape when I started OSUT, but I sneaked out a 300 in the last PT test. Airborne school is pretty lax, but throughout all that, it isn't hard to get to where you need to be, at least for Ranger. The PT requirements are pretty easy. It's the nonstop getting hosed with that people can't handle. We had somewhere around 120 people in my RIP class, and 48 of us passed. That looks intimidating, but like 12 legit failed, and literally everyone else signed a paper that said I am a bitch and I can't do this anymore within 3 weeks of starting the course. The swim test is a joke, and the written test is really easy. Ranger history is short, and you can study for it on suasponte.com. Ranger First Responder test didn't generate any failures iirc, and it's also available on the internet. Other than that, it's a 12 mile ruck with 45 pounds in 3 hours, which you do in basic training, and the Ranger PT test. Everything is basically the same, but they add in a 5 mile run and pullups. You have to do like 6. :ohdear: If you have too much pride to sign a piece of paper saying you quit, you stand a huge chance of making it. But of course, everyone thinks they are better than that, or they wouldn't have signed up for the course to begin with.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cole posted:

Ft Gordon is where all the Army's signal corps is. The NSA has an office there and they recruit right out of the signal corps. It's a huge program they push there. They also offer internships while you're still in so you can pad your resume and decide if that's the life for you.

And infantry (for enlisted at least) is as bad as people portray it. Don't ever let anyone steer you otherwise. Just because some corporate big wig has a hard on for the infantry doesn't mean you won't be better served to do another job while you're in.

E: "most conservatives run companies and love infantry guys" is something my recruiter said I think.

gently caress everything and anything to do with Ft. Gordon, forever and ever, inshallah. :fireman: And I didn't say he wouldn't be better served going someplace else, I was just saying it's not like you're going to get out and no one anywhere will ever hire you like some people act. But I got in entry level in a smaller town, so ymmv. I don't remember anything my recruiter said. I wasn't paying attention. :v:

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yep go ahead and blow a job interview. Don't worry, your military service will definitely save you. The other 300 people competing for the position are just running for second place.

I phrased that poorly, but what I meant is that you can still blow the interview, in which case you won't get the job. There's plenty of good industries that don't have ~300~ people competing for a job where infantry service generally looks good enough to get you a shot. Oil and gas, manufacturing, construction, etc.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My kind of people. It makes advancing up the ladder really easy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Delizin posted:

I had an infantry buddy spent all of his time humping around Iraq on foot patrols, then ran into a guy in an air conditioned shelter that just sat around playing playstation inside an air conditioned shelter. He asked him what his MOS was and the next day he was in the retention office asking to reclass as a 25S.

You end up working in tactical shelters which is pretty much the above or sitting at a strategic site with your dick in your hands until you ETS. Or if you're really lucky and good at your job you can go to ARSPACE. I finished out my career in ARSPACE and it was pretty well insulated from Army bullshit.

Guaranteed secret clearance like any other signal job, but very good chance of needing a TS/SCI depending on where you end up. As far as signal corps goes, it is the best MOS, followed up by 25B. The rest are pretty gay imo.

When I enlisted I asked specifically for 25S, because I had a brother that did it before he went warrant. They told me that there were no slots available, but my recruiter sent me to MEPS anyway. I told them at MEPS that I wanted 25S and they said sorry, no slots available. I thanked them for their time and said I wouldn't be enlisting that day then. They got on the phone and about 5 minutes later I had a 25S and a healthy signing bonus.

Edit: Missed that you were going National Guard. You should do 25B then. You only get to do cool stuff as a 25S if your active duty, with guard you are guaranteed a tactical slot with lovely equipment and follow on training. 25B will probably do more for you career wise in that case.

I got med boarded right before our Afghanistan deployment when Bergdahl went for a walk. They told every one of us to reclass. So we were all sent to the retention NCO dude at our base who helped us all pick our jobs. I ended up with 25S. Away I go to Ft. Gordon as an MOST. At our initial briefing with all the privates coming into AIT, some Major or something openly bragged to us about dead soldiers to try and instill values like "We're total badasses" in the young'ins, when they're the most useless pieces of poo poo in the entire military. I knew right away this was not going to work out. As I'm waiting for a class opening in the shittiest barracks on earth, I'm told that they can't get me a slot because I only have 2.5 years left on my contract, and you need to have 3. We're going to need you to re-enlist. With all due respect, I'd rather stab myself in the neck with a plastic knife than re-enlist to be a part of this nonsense unit. This became A Big Deal. So now I have meetings with this dumb retention bitch who had written in every PT test result she'd had since she passed the board, who is talking poo poo to me because I couldn't "hack it in the army." I went and spoke to JAG, and they informed me that since it wasn't my fault I was sent to the AIT when I didn't meet the requirements, it made my enlistment erroneous, and I had the right to a discharge. A year and a half later, I had an off-post job, my own apartment, and was on "call me if you need anything" terms with the unit because they couldn't figure out how to even begin the process to get me out in over a year, despite multiple visits to IG, and me handing them the exact paperwork explaining to them how to do their jobs. Something similar to this happened to drat near everyone I know from there. We had people with no issues who were waiting on orders being given long term positions within the unit because everyone knew drat well they weren't getting out of there for a year+. Ft. Gordon and the Signal Corps are a disgrace to the military imo, and gently caress gently caress gently caress the idea of ever being a part of it. I cannot imagine a worse environment to spend 4 years of your life, and I've been in one where I was forced to eat trash. Iraqi playstations be damned.

edit: what's the name of that stupid field op there? mercury something? i did some dumb poo poo detail there once and i laughed my balls off. "We're going to the field. :)" *drives 4 blocks away*

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 4, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Delizin posted:

Mercury Fusion :jerkbag: Hang out in a parking lot for a week or whatever doing jack and poo poo. AIT is pretty gay no matter what though. The actual job wasn't too bad compared to what a lot of people end up doing in the Army though. When were you there? If you were in A551 as an MOST we might have met before.

TRADOC is garbage no matter how you slice it, and I think reclass's got it worse than cherries. I also heard 2009-2010ish is urban legend in how piss poor Ft. Gordon was at the time, but still. That poo poo was soul-crushing. I'm pretty sure I was in A551. IIRC, the 1SG at the time was named Allen, and he couldn't say three. He'd say tree. The Captain was a black woman who's last name was one syllable. Maybe Kay.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My ears are still ringing from tinnitus like 5 years later, so really, it's like I never left the Army. :v:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

:hf:

gently caress you, guy who ND'd a 240B with the ejection port right next to my ear.

For me, it was driving with the .50 over my head, combined with firing god knows how many SAW rounds downrange with one ear plug I'd alternate from one ear to the other when one would ring so hard it would rattle. Still hear decent enough that it doesn't effect my life much, but it's annoying.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Bad analogy, because I would recommend every infantryman in OSUT convert to judaism without any reservations whatsoever. jew church has donuts

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

The second is more of what I would call a 'huge' block than the first.

a cock block. :v:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

You're probably not making it through medical screening.

For real, I'm no expert on MEPS, but I would assume this would be the case. You could always talk to a recruiter and find out for certain though. Just take everything he says with a huge grain of salt.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

terrez posted:

This is better than the guy on reddit who's getting a computer science degree and then enlisting as 18x to "acquire marketable skills." He is in high school so it's not even the usual lovely GPA excuse.

This dude sounds like the nerdiest fool ever, and would probably end up in an S shop in some leg battalion after infinite amounts of being hosed with.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You haven't even listed the worst one yet. North Dakota. Colorado isn't bad though. There's a lot of stuff going on in the oil industry within two hours of Denver.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Happened to me. The USAF felt so bad about terminating my contract early that they gave me a bunch of money.

Oh cool. The army gave me a general under honorable.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ethanol posted:

If I can't even get another loan to go to school, and my gpa is too poor for grad school, I don't see any other options to continue my education besides 3 years AD or to continue what I've been doing, which being honest, has been a stagnant, very lovely 3 years of near minimum wage since I graduated and not gotten any closer to school. staying out of the military, I get no education done over the next 3 years anyways.

I'm getting my PPL now, it's the only cert I can afford to get

Not trying to phrase this condescendingly, but have you considered trying to find a career with your degree rather than bouncing around waiting to go back to school?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I know a few people who found themselves in that situation. Air Force would probably be a solid fit. It's a good branch to be in, and the experience might help get you somewhere. It sounds pretty chill for the most part relative to other branches, and I can personally attest that the food owns. Sounds like you're in a situation where you've got a lot of research ahead of you though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I couldn't even imagine being infantry in garrison with no wars going on. I imagine it would be the kind of hell on earth where non-deployed E-6's are squad leaders who are POG as poo poo and when they get mad they make you do 4 pushups and when you're down on the 4th one they say "hold itttt."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ranger regiment is the only unit that isn't insufferable. Outside of that... I'd no poo poo probably punch my son in the face if he told me he wanted to join the army or the marines.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
One day someone will come in here like "I want to serve in the Big Red One and kill bad guys like my Grandpa did," and Cole and I will do terrible things to him.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My recruiter gave me some stupid packet that taught me the phonetic alphabet.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Why did you guys go infantry in the first place?

Rangers lead the way bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsyVRpW4xNk

It seems funny to me now as a grown rear end man looking back on it. Like the Ranger creed talks about "knowing the hazards of your chosen profession." You don't. You don't know poo poo about what your job will be and why you should want to do it. People who have been in the Army for years don't know the hazards of a Rangers chosen profession. What the gently caress does some 18 year old kid fresh out of high school know? Hell, even after Airborne school when all the graduates left, and the only people left in the barracks were rippies waiting to get picked up by R.I.P, we still had no idea what we were doing. I don't think anyone had even seen a tan beret in person in real life before. It's ridiculous what we all put ourselves through just because we were so attached to our own ideas of what a Ranger was, or were too drat stubborn and proud to sign a paper saying you quit. Even crazier is that there were all kinds of MOS's that had nothing to do with combat. You got cooks who have no idea what would be different about their lives were they to be a Ranger cook or a regular army cook, but they still eat trash and tear their bodies up for a month without quitting because gently caress not being a Ranger. It's hilarious, it owns, and Rangers own. Sua sponte indeed.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

not caring here posted:

Heh, growing up in another country and not getting the ranger brainwashing that most americans get, when they told me about ranger school, I had some inkling that rangers were supposed ot be part of the cool dude crowd.

Then I look it up, and it goes something like "rangers are infantry specializing in long range patrols". I took one look at that and told them that it sounded pretty faggoty to me, to which a lot of people got very very mad. Also, rangers sure don't like being called crunchies.

What Ranger brainwashing? Black Hawk Down was really big in '07 when I was joining up, but outside of that, it's a pretty unknown unit. I had people from high school asking me if it was like a forest ranger kind of thing. Marines are really the big "Wow you must be a real bad rear end" unit when it comes to people who don't know what they're talking about. Within the military, nobody even talks about regiment. "Rangers" are just POG's or w/e who went to Ranger school and then went back to whatever their day job was once they finished. It's a pretty sweet unit with a loving obscene amount of money and good quality guys from top to bottom. I'd serve there over a leg infantry or airborne unit any day. It's so much less stupid.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Enlist 18X in the Army. Don't take no for an answer.

He's clearly not 21.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You will fail, and then you will go needs of the army.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
As in they pick your job for you since you were too stupid to do it when you had the chance.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Exigent posted:

Oh I wasn't aware it was that difficult. I was speaking with my uncle about enlisting and he was talking about how 18X was an option. What is your guys opinion on an Option 40 contract?

The failure rate is well over 50%. As far as Ranger, my RIP class had 120+ guys, and in 3 weeks, we were down to 60-something, without having done a single pass/fail event yet. I don't know you, but you probably don't have what it takes, kid. Not one person in that class thought they would quit when it started. I wouldn't even consider it unless you are totally content with being airborne infantry in peacetime for 4 years should you fail, which you really shouldn't be.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Did I enjoy it? I wasn't really in bat long enough to have a great idea, but they had so much money and the leadership was infinitely more competent and not-douchey compared to the rest of the Army, especially compared to non-combat arms units. It's a really cool thing to be a part of. If I had to join again, I'd only do it with R.I.P., R.A.S.P., whatever the hell they call it these days in my contract, but I have no intention of doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Exigent posted:

What should one be able to do physically if they were considering to enlist with this? I'm only 17, so I have another year before doing so (if I even still want to by then).

code:
Ranger PFT			Minimum Scores
Push-ups in 2:00		49
Sit-ups in 2:00			59
Pull-ups			6
Two-mile run			15:12
5 Mile run			40:00
16-mile hike w/65lb pack	5 hours 20 minutes
15-meter swim with gear		Pass/Fail
This is what's required of you after 14 weeks of OSUT, 4 weeks of Airborne School, and 4 weeks of RIP. You can go into basic in regular, not fat as poo poo shape, and be fine so long as you don't slack off in PT, although it looks like they upped the ruck march requirements, and gently caress me does that not look fun. You should be at a point where you could hit a 300 on the APFT within a month or two of rigorous exercise. But being able to pass the pushups/run/pull-ups/situps part of the RPFT before you join would put you miles ahead. You could also memorize everything on this website, as you will be tested on this stuff, and you will not be a Ranger if you do not know it.

http://suasponte.com/

Also looking up some stuff on combat lifesaver and ranger first responder and learning it inside and out before joining would've been a huge help. Just with that info, you're ahead of 90+% of most rippies, who find out these are things they need to know just a few weeks before the test. And the vast majority of those who make it to that point pass. But again, it's not the tests or the physical requirements that get people. It's the quitting. You have to have the mindset that you will eat literal garbage on the whim of the instructors if you have to (you will), and I can't give you any advice on how to get that. Just don't lie to yourself that you are dead set determined to be a Ranger, because it's the cadres job to expose if you're weak willed, and they are drat good at their jobs. And if you aren't, and won't be, which is extremely likely,

not caring here posted:

Holy gently caress dude, you're 17 years old. Go to college.

Edit: I was 11B

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 16, 2015

• Locked thread