Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
I'm supposed to ship out for basic training for the Army on Monday. The only problem is that, as of right now, I am underweight. I have been eating big meals everyday, with lots of chicken, bread, and other high calorie foods in hopes of gaining the weight by the 15th. Judging from how things are going there's a very real possibility I may be underweight when I get to MEPS. Is this going to gently caress me out of shipping/my contract? Google has held very mixed results, some claiming there's a waiver for it (but I doubt it considering the state of the Army right now), others saying I get 30 days to put on the weight, and more people saying I get flat out rejected and I'm a DEP loss.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Our scale at home is pretty out of wack, but my best estimate would be no more than 5lbs underweight, and 5lbs underweight is worst case scenario. I'd say at this point I'm about 2 or 3 lbs underweight, but I'm still eating a lot.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm apparently 3-4lbs away at this point, so I guess I'll probably just have to get taped or something. I'm still gonna keep eating (lots of peanut butter), but at least now I can stop worrying about getting kicked out.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Thanks to everyone who posted advice on making weight. I'm probably going to eat a poo poo ton of bananas and peanut butter later tonight (weigh in is tomorrow).

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

the posted:

Talked to an Air Force recruiter today. What's being a drone pilot like?

Can't tell you much about the AF side of it, but the Army side is... eh. It's really easy, pretty much ANYONE can do it, but to fly the cool UAVs (Gray Eagle, Warrior Alpha) you have to have a certain degree of luck. Otherwise you're stuck with the Shadow, which sucks. I fly the Gray Eagle and it's definitely everything I'd hoped for.. just in a horrible, horrible training environment.

• Locked thread