Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barbudo
Nov 8, 2010
WHO VOLUNTARILY GOES DAYS WITHOUT A SHOWER FOR NO REASON? DIS GUY

PLEASE SHOWER YOU GROSS FUCK
i am one semester from getting my MBA, but decided to enlist as an 11 bang bang. going to MEPS tomorrow. anybody else going to Basic in October?

e: i read the OP and i might go the officer route one day but i want my men to respect me, and i might also try out for Special Ops instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbudo
Nov 8, 2010

Just apply. Boards are not just looking at your stats. You have a chance to wow them with your interview, essay, rec letters, appearance.

A recruiter may turn you away, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one to humor you. You can mostly do the entire paperwork process yourself if you read up on it. Army doesn't send applicants to MEPS until after they have been selected, correct?

barbudo
Nov 8, 2010

just start drinking NO xplode blasting squats and taking tons of protein and switch to fatty red meat with gravy on all of it

barbudo
Nov 8, 2010

just droppin in to say im kind of a gip success story, i first posted here 2 years ago about to drop out of college and i got absolutely reamed, now im going to ocs, dont be like i almost was, thats all.

barbudo
Nov 8, 2010

Secret Spoon posted:

Im still going to make fun of you :shobon:
thats okay with me :)

barbudo
Nov 8, 2010

hi just wanted to check in and say i got a really sweet job offer in December and backed out of OCS which i know is different but after regretting it for awhile and feeling like poo poo i'm really glad i did. hi everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbudo
Nov 8, 2010

Just want to add to that post above that if anyone has any interest in applying straight from the civilian side to USCG OCS, I completed that process (which has some of its own quirks) and was ultimately accepted (I didn't go because I'm a pussy), and would be happy to answer any questions. Maybe later I'll edit this with some actual useful information.

I also want to thank, again and AGAIN, everyone who told me not to enlist in 2010, and those who also helped me make the decision not to go to OCS. You know who you are :)

Barbudo dot awful at gmail

• Locked thread