Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Christoff posted:

Last CTN I met was a 1st class by like 24-25. Said he picked up first time each cycle.

While I kinda like 68W so far, I'm a complete loving idiot for not trying to get CTN after being DQ'd from literally every 35 series in the Army for being red-green colorblind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

not caring here posted:

What's OSUT, 4 months? That means if you left today you'd be through basic July/ August, probably go through 2 months of deployment training crap to take you through to October, assuming there are any more units deploying, you'd be just in time to start manning burn pits.

Buy I think that's very unlikely.

There's always Africa, though.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Word of warning: All of the stories you have heard from people about how Fort Sam is one giant Roman Bacchanalia are no longer true, as far as 68Ws are concerned. 232 is now a God awful hellhole where the Good Idea Fairy has taken roost. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Thank Based God I'm out this bitch on Friday.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Pandasmores posted:

Those the pods or the ones the Air Force put up like Jaenke and Fraelish hall?

Dorms at the bottom of the hill, I think they're almost done working on Echo's wing now.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Nimmy posted:

This is a good thread. Posted in here back in January. Went to MEPS this week for asvab and physical and got cleared for service. DUI waiver processed and accepted. Pick a job and take my oath Tuesday. Wanted to be an officer, but realized that what interests me most are the things that everyone gets, not just commissioned officers. In fact, I probably have more control over where I go as an NCO. And hell, putting more time between me and that DUI, in addition to being active duty can only help me if I want to go officer in a few years. Pretty excited; thanks goons.

:downsbravo:

How the gently caress do people get waivered for DUIs in this day and age?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Or PM me if you want to hear how lovely Ft Sam and AIT are now. But yeah, there were 142 68W slots open when I signed.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

What happened to Fort Sam? I heard they took away overnights, and every instructor is a broken shell of a GWOT vet, but did they do more than that?

Overnights are a figment of the imagination, ASUs off-post (and only once you phase up), no drinking, no smoking, at least half the instructors I'm sure have stopped counting TBIs once they went past what they could count on their fingers, etc. It's hilariously petty, asinine, stupid bullshit all around.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

literally lol at any company that didn't have a mop for a guidon.

Is the new lovely Fort Sam just for 232? Or is 187 the same way as well?

The vast majority of it is solely on 232's shoulders. It's pretty much like they traded 60-man bays for a bunch of cuntbrick leadership.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

No. Just, no. As crazy as Tango promotion rates are right now, don't loving do it. Like Vas said, don't enlist. If you're going to enlist then don't loving enlist for ADA, go for something actually useful. I die a little inside every time a Tango comes into my BAS because he managed to do some poo poo beyond infantry stupid, and I die a little more every time these chucklefucks try to pretend they ARE infantry with some motarded "FTX" bullshit.

The Army makes me drink, Korea makes me drink soju, ADA makes me an alcoholic.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Have you ever had that feeling where you're standing on the edge of somewhere very, very high and get the sudden urge to jump? You just wonder what those endless seconds would be like before you hit, fear and adrenaline but also some nihilistic kind of release?

Step the gently caress back, you idiot.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

themrguy posted:

Also my recruiter called me again today and apologized profusely and told me that MEPS was not representative of the navy at all, make of that what you will.

Hahahahahaha, holy poo poo. That's the most bold-faced lie I've heard in a long while.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Hekk posted:

I imagine the Army is similar, except for they actually get funding for training and stuff.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh God, that's rich. Training?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But seriously, don't join the loving Army unless you're at least a noble or your name is iceslice.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Hekk posted:

I've listed all the criminal history questions from the SF-86. Take a look at the above and if any of that poo poo applies to you, make a mental note of it. If the investigator asks you questions about something you hosed up on the SF-86 I want you to say something very similar to the following.

"Look man, I filled out so many forms and paperwork and we were going so fast that I must have misunderstood the question. Some of this crap is like trying to read latin. Sorry about that."

That should complete the interview and if they need more paperwork they'll make your recruiter get it. As was said above, don't stress at all because you can play really stupid and no one will think anything is unusual since it's pretty much par for the course.

Start perfecting that look of blank, dumb incomprehension. You can be the smartest motherfucker in the brigade and so long as you're not an NCO, you can still flash that airhead look and it will excuse a surprising amount of dumb poo poo.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

not caring here posted:

Don't rule out Korea.

That goes both ways. Down south, and you'll be living large. Up north, just throw yourself into the tail rotor.

At the rate they were throwing poo poo up around Humphreys, it's not going to be long before everything from Yongsan on up is relocated there.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Delizin posted:

Sorry bud, it doesn't look like you will be able to pass the physical without a waiver which will probably be drat near impossible to get.

Granted you're probably right but that specific quote speaks just to two very specific conditions, neither of which involve orchiectomy.

And for DeliciousPatriotism: I'd get the gently caress off of AndroGel as fast as humanly possible, by any means necessary convincing your lovely terrible endo to get you once a week intramuscular depot injections. Seriously, transdermal TRT is loving terrible and retarded. Once a week 100-150mg enanthate or undecanoate will have you with solid blood-stable levels and none of the bullshit that goes along with transdermals.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

Well I didn't expect that response. All of my endocrinologists have sucked, they don't tell me poo poo. They nod and say ok here you go goodbye and really have no sensible advice for anything besides "here's your prescription" no matter what I ask.

This convo is better elsewhere but I don't have a premo account. Tho I might as well drop $10 tonite if you wouldn't mind dropping me a PM in the near future: I'm curious if you could enlighten me at least as to what questions to ask for this kind of stuff. Topical has done me right for the most part, not really sure how I've lost out besides the relative inconveniences and storage nightmare that is transdermal T. Nobody seems to know poo poo about actual T replacement for people in my situation (as opposed to old dudes thinking it's the fountain of youth) and every doctor I meet seems dumfounded.

I'd be happy to help, just hit me up with a PM whenever and I should be able to give you a better picture of your options.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Aranan posted:

Guy in my platoon got chaptered out for failing APFTs. He got something like six months pay and an honorable. Kind of feel like he beat everyone else still in...

:stonklol: Clearly I am doing this Army thing wrong.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

punch drunk posted:

I posted a bit back about applying to OCS with an IM rod and it seems like a pretty big deal that I'll probably get denied for.

Is it the same deal for enlisting or is it not as big a deal then? I would obviously still try OCS first.

They don't want people, much less people that are already hosed up before the Army has a chance to do it to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Volkerball posted:

it's all fun and games unless you're the one getting blood squirted on you because the fucker learned a cool trick with an iv needle.

Always a guaranteed crowd pleaser; get the known hypertensive with pipes big enough you could hit them from the loving moon, stick them with a 14, pull the needle without occluding the vein or popping the band and see how far you can get it to go. Best I ever got was only like six feet due to the way our CLS classrooms were setup, only other way you could orient it would've probably ended up with the first two rows looking like they were going as Patrick Bateman for Halloween.

Godholio posted:

And bone injection videos. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyPgGjqPUMU

3:20 is where it starts, and the chick rates it as 4/10 pain like getting hit in the funny bone.

PS: Unless you really love medical poo poo go linguist. I talked to at least half a dozen Air Force guys working at the Osan ER and according to them you're super loving pigeonholed and will lose like half your skills because you never use them for years.

Diarrhea Elemental fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 3, 2015

• Locked thread