Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
Dude you loving piece of poo poo I was writing a better one up with an actual thread icon. I'm going to post mine and hope this crap gets gassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
I'm a believer in duplicating effort once I've already put the effort in. The War of the GIP Threads is on.

I'll add this to mine.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
They're already under 5 in the fourth bulletpoint.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
Hey Invision you should take the parts about minimum PT standards and deployments from my now gassed thread and put them in here. Some of this stuff is outdated or incomplete.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis

invision posted:

Fixed. Lemme know if anything else needs to be changed.

I kinda hinted at it in the one I posted, but I think maybe HCT would know exactly how likely it is for someone admitting drug use to enter the military. I thought the answer was basically hell no these days (same with the mental health stuff) but maybe I'm off.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

Also the Army recently opened up CID for direct enlistment, rather than just for people who are already in reclassing. It requires a 4 year degree and a GT Score of 110 and the ability to get a clearance, so I doubt we'll be enlisting anyone under that.

This is kind of a big deal, you don't have to wear a uniform when you're CID (unless you count suits) and someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I was led to believe it's about 20x more useful than any other LEO-type job in the Army after you're out.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
You need a HS diploma or a GED + 15 college credit hours. No one gives a poo poo about your ACT score.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
If you NEED TO ENLIST NOW I highly recommend the Army, there was a 12 day window between me signing my paperwork and shipping.

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
I was just kidding because I would never recommend the Army to anyone :mrapig:

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis
Was gonna say, sorry bro there is no way unless you lie. If you wanna lie I'd say go for it, but honestly being a pilot with depression isn't exactly a poo poo-hot idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vacation in merica
Jul 19, 2012

by T. Mascis

Veins McGee posted:

Counterpoint: Who loving cares what you do?

Don't take any of this dudes advice, he reeks of kool-aid. Practically bathes in it.

• Locked thread