Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

Commission through the USAR, then get on active duty when you can after that.

Lots of good info, but this needs to be clarified. This is a no-go in today's environment. The Call to Duty program right now is limited to former Active Duty officers who want to go back to AD and is totally based on the needs of the Army. In the last 6 months I have seen 1 Call to Duty ALARACT and that was for 10 Civil Affairs O3s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004

barbudo posted:

Just apply. Boards are not just looking at your stats. You have a chance to wow them with your interview, essay, rec letters, appearance.

Not so much. 3.3 CS/Math GPA with a 300 PT is hot though. Volunteer work is definitely not a pre-req even though it is encouraged.

barbudo posted:

A recruiter may turn you away, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one to humor you. You can mostly do the entire paperwork process yourself if you read up on it. Army doesn't send applicants to MEPS until after they have been selected, correct?

First comes the physical at MEPS. Then local board interview. Then national board review of packet. Then back to MEPS to sign the contract and take the oath.

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
I needed a waiver for flat feet. (Army)

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
Oh poo poo not verbal harassment.

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

FYI if you're thinking of joining the Army Reserves they just instated 20k bonuses across the board, and 50k student loan repayment if you're over a 50 on the ASVAB, for non prior service applicants.

Pretty sure they're throwing 20k at prior service guys too. Message expire on the last day of march so pull the trigger if you're thinking about it.

Is this for 09S too?

• Locked thread