Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe
Does anybody know anything about AMEDD recruiting/standards, specifically 71a (microbiology)?

I just got my PhD in microbiology and I am very interested in doing microbiology work in the army. I just finished MEPS, and my CV read came back as qualified. All my app stuff is in except a couple letters. I worked with pathogens in grad school, some of which were closely related to ones the army is working on. I feel like I am well qualified, good GPA, in shape, a little volunteer work, leadership positions in grad school, plenty of departmental awards and so on.

My only worry is that the selection board meets in December, and that is a little late for me to wait on it, especially if it doesn't work out. My recruiter has never recruited a microbiologist, so he doesn't have that much info. I don't know how many slots are open or how selective they are. If anybody knows anything about it, I would really appreciate any input.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naughty_penguin
Oct 9, 2005
Fun Shoe

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

Are you talking to a normal recruiter or an AMEDD recruiter?

AMEDD recruiter. He normally does vets and dentists and stuff like that.

• Locked thread