Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

njsykora posted:

Really? You think it'll last as long as 3 months?

Also the NXT crowd popped huge for Drew, confirmation that the NXT crowd is freaking awesome.
At first I thought they were just ironically cheering things, like the heels just to be typical rear end in a top hat college students, but they're a really fun crowd, something I never expected to get out of Florida again after TNA booted out their devoted mutants or whatever they called themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Flameingblack posted:

At first I thought they were just ironically cheering things, like the heels just to be typical rear end in a top hat college students, but they're a really fun crowd, something I never expected to get out of Florida again after TNA booted out their devoted mutants or whatever they called themselves.
They even have fans with their own gimmicks like the guy who wears that chicken mask.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 4, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's like they know who they like, but when something properly heelish happens they know to boo it. Like Drew McIntyre comes out to a big face pop, but when he wins with the cast it starts a flurry of boos.

This is before we get into the SHAH chants.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

NXT crowds are seriously the hottest crowds on TV right now. I remember the Jinder/Rollins match, where the crowd went loving CRAZY for Rollins.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

NXT crowds are seriously the hottest crowds on TV right now. I remember the Jinder/Rollins match, where the crowd went loving CRAZY for Rollins.

Not just the crowd, Saxton's loving voice cracked when he was calling the finish he was so drat hyped.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I love this Ohno/Steamboat feud and Big E's five-count gimmick. NXT is old-school booking in the best way.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

njsykora posted:

It's like they know who they like, but when something properly heelish happens they know to boo it. Like Drew McIntyre comes out to a big face pop, but when he wins with the cast it starts a flurry of boos.

This is before we get into the SHAH chants.
So does this mean that there are more marks/cool smarks than douchebag smarks who cheer for the heels all the time.
E: Also Bray Wyatt is down to 280 pounds apparently :stare:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 4, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Also Bray Wyatt is down to 280 pounds apparently :stare:

Well, he's been off on injury for about 6 months now, it only figures that he'd probably lose some bulk.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Holy poo poo the Ascension creeping on Kidd and Gabriel during their promo was hilarious.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Love how Regal made an Indiana Jones reference during the Drew Mac match :allears:

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
I want Percy Watson to get his glasses back. :(

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

njsykora posted:

Really? You think it'll last as long as 3 months?

Also the NXT crowd popped huge for Drew, confirmation that the NXT crowd is freaking awesome.

He loved it too. You could see how happy he was to get a good reception.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Love NXT, still think Big E's finisher is stupid as hell and I have no idea why people here like it so much.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Love NXT, still think Big E's finisher is stupid as hell and I have no idea why people here like it so much.

He has a funny profile photo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's a big impact finisher that looks like it could take someone out and makes him look like a big strong man.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

It's a big impact finisher that looks like it could take someone out and makes him look like a big strong man.

It looks like Big E takes a back bump with the opponent cushioned against his poofy chest. It might just be the camera angles but it doesn't look dangerous at all to me. It doesn't work because Big E is so loving wide.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I keep saying this, but he'd really look good with doing the Pounce.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

I keep saying this, but he'd really look good with doing the Pounce.

This would own. He already does that body avalanche sometimes but yeah he used to be a football player so he'd probably nail the motion of the Pounce.

Period.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
The Ascension are kind of a unique looking team. Even though they do look really "indy", they're different by WWE standards. Though that weird hididng in the upper levels thing made them look really stupid and has to go. At least Connor O'Brian doesn't have a rat gimmick anymore.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

GB888 posted:

The Ascension are kind of a unique looking team. Even though they do look really "indy", they're different by WWE standards. Though that weird hididng in the upper levels thing made them look really stupid and has to go. At least Connor O'Brian doesn't have a rat gimmick anymore.

They sorta feel like a old late 90's gimmick.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Any links for this week's Superstars?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

They sorta feel like a old late 90's gimmick.

That's because it's basically a more subtle version of the Brood, they're basically vampires.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Superstars October 4, 2012

Part 1 Wade Barrett vs. Tyson Kidd, David Otunga vs. Michael McGillicutty
Part 2 Tensai vs. Yoshi Tatsu
Part 3 Rhodes Scholars vs. Usos

Looks like a good show this week, Otunga aside.

achillesforever6 posted:

Any links for this week's Superstars?

I did not notice this post before adding my links. Great minds!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

VogeGandire posted:

What episode was this? I've been meaning to go back and watch some of the new NXT that I've missed.

I'm watching the latest one and the atmosphere for these shows is great. They've really made a dedicated fanbase out of the Full Sail crowd.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 6, 2012

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Cardboard Box posted:

What episode was this? I've been meaning to go back and watch some of the new NXT that I've missed.

I'm watching the latest one and the atmosphere for these shows is great. They've really made a dedicated fanbase out of the Full Sail crowd.

Wasn't that the NXT title match, it aired like 3-4 weeks ago?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's because it's basically a more subtle version of the Brood, they're basically vampires.

They are quite clearly fallen angels.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MacDougall posted:

They are quite clearly fallen angels.

I'm not saying Christopher Daniels would fit right in, I'm just saying they look partial to appletinis.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Saturday Morning Slam October 6, 2012

Rey Mysterio vs. Michael McGillicutty
Various segments including that magnificent Q&A with DB
Socko vs. Cobra debate

The match was a lot of fun, but boy do they ever have to cut stuff out to get that G rating. It was tough to follow at points because they cut to the crowd after most impacts. The G-rated 619 variant was neat though. I loved Dolph's heel "don't try this" spot too.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 7, 2012

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Just give it some time until he gets on the main roster and everyone turns on him in mass.

The Ohno-Steamboat angle is such great simple storytelling. Ohno's a great braying jackass who also happens to be quite dangerous.

NXT: A good thing. The Ascension still need new individual names though.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
The promo for the next episode mentioned a segment to do with Jim Johnston, which is interesting, I don't think they often feature him?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

spongeh posted:

The promo for the next episode mentioned a segment to do with Jim Johnston, which is interesting, I don't think they often feature him?

Yeah, I was going to mention that. I don't think they've ever featured him, aside from maybe DVD extra footage that I've never seen.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Glamorama26 posted:

Just give it some time until he gets on the main roster and everyone turns on him in mass.

The Ohno-Steamboat angle is such great simple storytelling. Ohno's a great braying jackass who also happens to be quite dangerous.

NXT: A good thing. The Ascension still need new individual names though.

Yes they need to embrace their Angelic gimmick. Michael and Gabriel D'Angelo.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
Hey guys, I don't know if anyone here actually goes to the NXT tapings, but I was going to try to go to this week's. Full Sail is stupid and only lets you buy tickets in person, and I live 2 hours away. Can someone in the area do me a huge favor and get me a two tickets? I'll reimburse you at the show and also pay for your ticket(s) if you can help me out.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's a WWE b-show extravaganza!

Main Event October 10, 2012

Part 1 Build for Show vs. Randy
Part 2 Show vs. Randy
Part 3 Kofi vs. McGillicutty

NXT October 10, 2012

Part 1 CM Punk promo, Johnny Curtis vs. Bo Dallas, Paige/Audrey vs. Kaitlyn/Alicia
Part 2 Jake Carter/Trent backstage, Rollins/Punk promo, Kruger vs. Dante Dash, Kruger promo, McGillicutty promo
Part 3 Rollins vs. McGillicutty with Punk, JR, and Regal on commentary

Well, looks like I can skip Main Event this week.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 11, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

gently caress I need NXT in my eyes right now. Also Hell No and Yoshi are at the tapings today so I expect godlike episodes coming up.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Ha Bryon Saxton called Kaitlyn more experienced than Paige.
E: Lot of Jobber entrances this episode it seems.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 11, 2012

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Was this the one with Punk and Rollins vs. KoW after the show?

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

They should rename McGilicutty "Shaw Perfect".

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

Was this the one with Punk and Rollins vs. KoW after the show?

Yes.

Man, did Leo Kruger ever change. :stare:

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes.

Man, did Leo Kruger ever change. :stare:

His gimmick is an autistic Chad Kroeger.

• Locked thread