Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Klauser posted:

'She calls this the bank statement' is the worst sentence uttered on WWE programming this year, no close second. The finisher names are getting painful at this point. Do they all have to have the wrestlers name in them? gently caress me.

That has nothing on Maggle calling Paige's submission finish when she got promoted from NXT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Sigma posted:

I think everyone here is an adult and can use context clues to figure out when a crowd is using a word or phrase in a negative or insulting way.

That said, it is obvious that Sasha is trying to co-opt the fan chant to get herself over, which is commendable for a young woman of color working in the business.

*nods*

Well said.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Klauser posted:

'She calls this the bank statement' is the worst sentence uttered on WWE programming this year, no close second. The finisher names are getting painful at this point. Do they all have to have the wrestlers name in them? gently caress me.

"He calls it the Air Jordan!"

"He calls it the Dillinger Escape Plan!"

"He calls it the Hideo Seek!"

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I wish they would just use the finisher name instead of "He/She/Xe calls that the (finisher name)".

Same thing with maybe showing wrestlers say things instead of just having the announcers says "he said earlier..." in fake conversations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Dias posted:

"He calls it the Dillinger Escape Plan!"

This would rule though.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Wow the whole shitpost brigade is out to defend "ratchet"

I don't think you understand how much free speech is at stake here

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fauxhawk Express posted:

This would rule though.

It will never happen and that makes me so sad. :smith:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Sami's a guy who needs a better name for his finisher pronto. He should call it Blue Monday when he gets called up to the main roster.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Chewy Bitems posted:

Anyone else think it looked like Itami was legit hurt during his match? after that part where he fell off the turnbuckle (which I'm guessing was a botch since he no sold it). he seemed to be limping and could barely run & nearly didn't reach Viktor with that dropkick.

That's all I could focus on in the Itami match. He looked legit out of it. Even when he hit the ropes he was stumbling and not having any force behind his running.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Sami's a guy who needs a better name for his finisher pronto. He should call it Blue Monday when he gets called up to the main roster.

I'm holding out for the Bad Brainbuster. But I like Helluva Kick, if that's gonna be his official finisher.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The_Rob posted:

That's all I could focus on in the Itami match. He looked legit out of it. Even when he hit the ropes he was stumbling and not having any force behind his running.

I remember there was worries about him being concussed in the spoiler thread, but he was fine by the next set of tapings. So maybe he is just a really good in-ring actor?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

You people are crazy as gently caress. Fucks sake, just enjoy her character and her wrestling.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
If this dumb derail keeps up I will close the thread for a bit.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

If this dumb derail keeps up I will close the thread for a bit.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Barreft posted:

You people are crazy as gently caress. Fucks sake, just enjoy her character and her wrestling.

To be honest it's kind of neat that her favorite wrestler/biggest idol is Eddie Guerrero. Usually the women talk about how much they wanted to be like Lita or Trish when they were getting into wrestling.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yuriy posted:

Goons don't actually interact with black people in any meaningful way so their ideas of what's racist and isn't are "I read someone shaming something on tumblr/twitter"

So you'll have non-racial terms like ratchet being treated like you just threw out the n-bomb

tell me more about how much i don't interact with black people mr russian man

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Klauser posted:

They inexplicably tried to make "Bow Down to the Queen" stick for like 3 months earlier this year so I'm willing to give "Bank Statement" a lot of slack! And also Banks keeps improving as a wrestler, so why not.

Yuriy posted:

Goons don't actually interact with black people in any meaningful way so their ideas of what's racist and isn't are "I read someone shaming something on tumblr/twitter"

So you'll have non-racial terms like ratchet being treated like you just threw out the n-bomb
On the upside of this tone deaf gesture, you know who's an insufferable bore right away.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 12, 2014

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

They inexplicably tried to make "Bow Down to the Queen" stick for like 3 months earlier this year so I'm willing to give "Bank Statement" a lot of slack! And also Banks keeps improving as a wrestler, so why not.

Bank Statement is not even in the same league of bad as Bow Down To The Queen was. With a finisher name you need to think of how it'd be called if someone kicked out. And an announcer yelling BOW DOWN TO THE QUEEN only for someone to kick out would look goofy as gently caress.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

njsykora posted:

Bank Statement is not even in the same league of bad as Bow Down To The Queen was. With a finisher name you need to think of how it'd be called if someone kicked out. And an announcer yelling BOW DOWN TO THE QUEEN only for someone to kick out would look goofy as gently caress.

I always thought it was just "Bow to the Queen" and thought that was fine for a name, adding "Down" kind of makes it seem a little cluttered.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Should be called the Queen's Landing

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

sportsgenius86 posted:

And her modified Figure Four the "Queen's Ransom"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Cute Kip

I know people have justifiable views about Komen but the pictures from the Cancer walk NXT did this morning looked like fun.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yay going to the NXT house show on the 30th since I'm going to be in town that weekend for my dad's birthday!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rovert posted:

Cute Kip

I know people have justifiable views about Komen but the pictures from the Cancer walk NXT did this morning looked like fun.

Alexa Bliss better watch her back...

:v:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

The realest guys in the room took part as well. (cross-posted from the twitter thread, in case some people don't read both)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

Cute Kip

There's something slightly unnerving about Alexa Bliss's perma-grin.

She's like a half-inch away from an Aphex Twin album cover.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

sticklefifer posted:

There's something slightly unnerving about Alexa Bliss's perma-grin.

She's like a half-inch away from an Aphex Twin album cover.

I always get that impression from Rotunda family photos but Alexa is getting close, yeah.

Whatever, I won't be satisfied until someone enters an arena in the endless stretch limo from the Windowlicker video.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Chad Gable has gone from getting loud Kurt Angle chants in his Full Sail dark match to at this weekends shows teaming with Jason Jordan. So now he will he get World Greatest Tag Team comparisons:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Chad Gable has gone from getting loud Kurt Angle chants in his Full Sail dark match to at this weekends shows teaming with Jason Jordan. So now he will he get World Greatest Tag Team comparisons:

You know I feel bad for Tye Dillenger, especially since the other gimmick they are working for him is apparently awful, but I do love amateur wrestler tag teams.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Too culturally relevant.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

achillesforever6 posted:

You know I feel bad for Tye Dillenger, especially since the other gimmick they are working for him is apparently awful, but I do love amateur wrestler tag teams.

Also a super easy gimmick to get over. Have them tap lots of people out. Done.

Although, this falls in line with the two rules to get any gimmick ever over.

1. Have them win lots.
2. Don't have them lose lots.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I'm absolutely astounded they've resisted having the Vaudevillains be a huge jobber team but I'm concerned their string of wins are setting them up to be cannon fodder for the Luchas.

Kallisto's cool but Sin Cara is Snooze Town.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

achillesforever6 posted:

What are they trying with Dillenger now?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

That DICK! posted:

I'm absolutely astounded they've resisted having the Vaudevillains be a huge jobber team but I'm concerned their string of wins are setting them up to be cannon fodder for the Luchas.

Kallisto's cool but Sin Cara is Snooze Town.

At Takeover 2, Sin Cara did a suicide dive with a camera angle that made him look like Ultraman flying away, so for that I will always like him.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Liar Lyre posted:

What are they trying with Dillenger now?
Some gimmick with playing cards

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Oh god he's Gambler from WCW Saturday Night?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Isn't that basically what they did with him when they put him on ECW? Well insomuch that they kept referencing he used to be a former card dealer.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
BREAKING: Bayley was a big fan growing up.

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/521468718753529858

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

achillesforever6 posted:

Some gimmick with playing cards
That's apparently been dropped at house shows already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Perigryn posted:

That's apparently been dropped at house shows already.

It was a bust.

• Locked thread