Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I found this thread through one of the Finer Art stickies and fell in love with the idea. I messed a bit with text editing but reading through the thread gave me an idea. Instead of using Audacity on the whole image I split the channels, saved them all as .bmp, messed with each in Audacity and slapped them back together. It might be a few steps away from the spirit of this thread but I'm liking the results so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Someone in BSS posted a bunch of 60s Batman trading cards and somehow that reminded me this thread existed

I like using these because Batman has such a distinct silhouette that I can make the image almost incomprehensible and you can still make out Adam West fighting a robot.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Thank you so much for keeping the updates coming; I've only just started playing with these tools but they are really cool and I look forward to learning them. Everyone using them has been on some next level poo poo.

However, I did just download about 90 audacity plug-ins (oh god I know nothing about audio engineering, what are these things) so first things first...

I've been using the same image over and over as a testing bed, and just decided to start combining test images as channels:

I might just make a ton more of these.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Here's some more goggle boys and some other things I've been messing with

• Locked thread