Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Not sure if this is common knowledge, but if you upload an animated .gif as a cover image on Soundcloud, then the resulting .jpg is a glitched out, sometimes pretty still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

itsgotmetoo fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 27, 2014

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

itsgotmetoo fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 27, 2014

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

AphexMandelbrot posted:

This thread needs a revival. gently caress it. I'll be that revival.

I'm using a variety of things at this point.

Mostly Processing. I still use it like I used Audacity. Alter. Save. Alter. Save. Alter. Save.
I had a month of being bored, reviewing code, and realizing that changing every single thing I wanted change in Processing is a lot less complicated than I thought. So it's Processing most of the time and PS to incorporate line relief if that's there.

Pixel sorting is fun.
That being said, as pretty as the end result a few lines down is, Processing can't create this:

That's the moment I realized I knew exactly what the gently caress I was doing in Audacity.
You can use just about every effect in Audacity. It just takes some (boredom/sobriety-boredom) to whittle down acceptable variables for most situations, test them, and code them down.
When I play with Audacity it's almost exclusively for -- well, the above.

I popped each of the below out in 2-7 minutes for a thing I do most nights for an hour.

These are way legit. Also, Sandman av glitch bros. No gay poo poo.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Starting to get a feel for the glitch/sort combo.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Thanks, man. This was way helpful, and pretty cool straight out of the box, too.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Threw this together in about half an hour using your tool. (I hosed up a lot.)

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Kmlkmljkl posted:

looks awesome
where would you say you hosed up?

The actual process for creating the image is very simple using TheLastManStanding's code. I was just saying it took me 30 minutes to do what was basically a 5 minute job because I made a lot of mistakes before I familiarized myself with it well enough to make something cool looking.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Made a couple things.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Max posted:

There are people in this thread that absolutely must submit to this. The Tate is asking for people to openly glitch their art to display.

http://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-britain/special-event/open-call-submission-all-glitched

Pretty cool. Ended up submitting this:

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nFuPDq5gQ

Thanks to Earwicker for the music.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
The last 3 images are all really cool and make me wish I had made something cool to post. Is that Dream's helmet?

edit: Also, that Royksopp video blends glitching with video production better than anything I've ever seen. It starts out impressive, but just gets better as it goes on.

itsgotmetoo fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 19, 2014

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Fuxed wit a picture of myself.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Steak posted:

So I decided to teach myself how to glitch. I started just a few days ago but I'm having a ton of fun doing this. I've never really had a creative side to me and it's an incredible feeling to have inspiration to do something. Anyway this is what I've done so far:

These two were my very first attempts. Made with Wordpad.

Then I got audacity and did this.

I decided to get crazy with photoshop. I think it's cool but maybe it's a bit much?

I had an idea today so I opened the Ferguson Season's Greetings pic in Notepad++ and typed some of Darren Wilson's testimony into it. I'm pretty happy with the result.

I'd love some feedback.
Those pixel sorting pics though. Holy poo poo.

I feel kind of ashamed that I still have never successfully glitched anything with a text editor.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

It's awesome you're getting paid. They only pay me in butts.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I generally haven't been too keen on text in glitches, but I think it works in your Waldo image.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

President Kucinich posted:

Cool stuff Boi Hole.

I've spent way too many hours over the last few days learning how to use Blender and other 3d rendering software to decipher this tutorial, but I figured maybe someone else here is already aware of how to use said software and can use the glitch tutorial with ease. Seen some really sweet work done with it.

http://www.srcxor.org/blog/

I have been loving with this, but having no experience with modeling software makes it feel like I'm a child pretending to use their dad's computer.

Very much my poo poo.

itsgotmetoo fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot

netflix glitched out on me

• Locked thread