Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Imagedump ahead:

I've spent the morning experimenting with glitching these things, and drat if it isn't a hell of alot of fun. For now I've just been experimenting with bitmaps and jpegs.

Here's the image I started out with, a photo I took last summer -

The first thing I did was saturate it a little bit. Then I derezzed it by zooming out and screencapping, and saved it as a bitmap

Here I did some basic loving around with the bitmap code in Notepad++ - inserting gibberish between random lines, and replacing portions of text throughout the document. I wasn't too happy with this because all it really resulted in were a few off-colored pixels, some out of place yellows and greens.

So I derezzed it yet again to simplify the pixels, enlarged, and began to mess with it again. I WISH I remembered how I got the bizarre, awesome twisting formation, but I have no idea how I did it. I'm pretty sure it was a very minor change in the header that did it. It's still a bitmap at this point.

Another tiny change gave me this - which I really dig. I wish I could get a large scale print of this and hang it up. It was a very, very small change - some of the code in the header has mathmatical function calls, and by changing one of them you change how it renders the image line by line, and when the equations don't add up, you get cool poo poo like this.

I went back a few steps, and after arriving at a fairly pleasing visual arrangement, I derezzed it yet again, saved it as a jpg, and THEN got up to some fun fuckery. Minor cutting and pasting here and there, a final deresolution, and I wound up with something pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Another one that I was messing with today - tried messing around with different file types, took this one through bitmaps, pngs, jpegs, and tiffs, then back to a low quality jpg.

One more - goddamn this is fun

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Feb 15, 2013

• Locked thread