Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forebodingburger
Jul 23, 2010

Sever your leg, please.
Yeah, okay, Audacity is really cool for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forebodingburger
Jul 23, 2010

Sever your leg, please.

Zip posted:

what filters did you use to get that effect?

Echo, after fiddling with the settings a bit. I tried some other effects too, but that was definitely my favorite. Applying fade out a bunch of times is cool too, creating a gradual fade to static. Ooh, maybe if I did both...

forebodingburger
Jul 23, 2010

Sever your leg, please.

Cozy Hemp Mines posted:

Yes, but to what end? What is the meaning of these uncorrected errors? Can you explain to me why this is Art, but an actual, "spontaneous" corrupted image would not be?

I dunno man, I would argue that a spontaneous corruption could result in something that could be considered "art." But why worry about it? These are images that look cool, that are interesting to look at, but you don't see any of us asking for deep analysis of these pieces.

(full disclosure: I definitely had meaning in mind with the images I posted. I don't think anyone would say that makes them more "artful.")

• Locked thread