Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
A few attempts at the "open in notepad++ and change random stuff" technique:

That seemed pretty lazy though. I made these with a python script, not sure which one I like better:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Reive posted:

Are you doing those directly to gifs, or individual frames and making them a gif again?
Because I can't for the life of me corrupt a gif without it breaking.

The first two were gifs that I corrupted, the other thing was a still image I made an animation out of.

I broke the gifs a lot too; it took a lot of trial and error. I would make one small change, save it, then see if the gif still worked, and undo the change if it broke. Just changing a single character in the file is enough to cause noticeable glitching though.

I'd stay away from the beginning of the file if you're just using a text editor. Gifs have a bunch of stuff at the beginning like the header and some color information before it starts describing the actual animation. Unless you know what you're doing changing any of the stuff at the beginning will probably just make the gif unplayable.

• Locked thread