Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Heyo. I'm experimenting with the idea of using high-res images of wood paneling to create faux glitch effects. I thought wood paneling was a perfect medium to do this with because a) interesting textures b) it's never all just one color and c) it's already paneled which works well with this kind of aesthetic. I spent about 10 minutes working with it, just messing around and experimenting, and the result is pretty alright. Mine doesn't look like much of anything, just a proof of concept I suppose but I think if you give it some time this technique could produce some really cool results.

What do you think? Really, all I did was cut up and adjust hue and utilized different blending modes. I was hoping that someone may find this idea useful and it could help them in their projects :)

WASDF fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread