Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weirdspaceships
Jan 26, 2012
This thread's made some amazing stuff. I've bookmarked a lot of it to come back to and study. Really good.

Here's three gifs and a not gif. GIMP and Audacity.

http://i.imgur.com/XnSO79h.jpg (possibly :nws: text)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdspaceships
Jan 26, 2012
Yeah, animated gifs are a pain. What I've been doing is using Audacity for edits, because Notepad++ is just awful for me, I can't use it competently, but before that I do minor edits in GIMP. GIMP will make each frame of the animation its own layer, so it's really simple to colorize or manipulate certain parts. Then I grab certain parts of the image from certain frames, isolate them as new images, then take them to Audacity for further edits. Then I export them back into GIMP into their rightful place.

It's very tedious!

The non animated Space Invaders is nice. It's got that "looking at traffic through a rainy car window" thing going, with almost recognizable shapes blobbing around in a big sea of vagueness.

• Locked thread