Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

Zip posted:

I sort of feel I should share this with the thread: I've been working on something glitchy and kind of a tribute to this thread as well.

Although I really love glitch art, I'm much better at writing. I previewed this character's power at the end of my first book (slightly) but purposefully left the mystery on it. I'm working on my second book now with this character with a strange powerset: the power to glitch reality.

The way I'm describing it is she can randomly flip switches on reality to shift things around and generate weird (often explosive) results. Sometimes it'll warp and reality directly around the event will just fall apart in strange ways.

This is actually going to let me tear down the fourth wall (or at least press the reader up against it at times.)

Incidentally I'm still writing the novel and a few months away from editing it so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. :)

A good mindfuck would be putting the pages out of order, randomly switching fonts, cutting holes in the paper, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread