Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragoat
Mar 21, 2012

YOU STOP THAT
After seeing the method of using Audacity mentioned earlier in this thread I decided to have some fun with it

For those interested that's a Turkey Vulture, we see a lot of them in my area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragoat
Mar 21, 2012

YOU STOP THAT
Here's a few stills I have from corrupting a Zelda rom.

Corrupting roms can be particularly annoying as more often than not it'll probably just crash and you wont get anything.

However getting to walk around in some of these glitched out landscapes (none of these save for the fourth were actually taken from gameplay) can be pretty surreal.

This is from the opening when the game first starts up. The background is supposed to be what I believe is Hyrul Castle
I never really played any of the games so apologies if that's incorrect)and in the foreground, a little less corrupted is Link on a horse

Also from the opening cutscene, the wavy pattern is actually supposed to be there, pretty much everything else is far gone.

I think this is supposed to be a sun

This is the first(?) menu screen where you select a new game. Pretty sure that vaguely man-looking sprite isn't supposed to be there

This one is weird, I can't figure out where it came from. There is nothing like this in the uncorrupted opening scene or even during the first few minutes of gameplay.
The whole time this scene is playing out (the two wizard looking guys just bob up and down) there were weird guttural noises

What would normally be a close up of Link on a horse.

sorry if this post is too long/large, I can come back and edit it if it's too much

dragoat
Mar 21, 2012

YOU STOP THAT
This image is pretty huge so be forewarned

It's a combination of

and

for those interested. Done with audacity by deleting the left channel of one and the right channel of the other (and then the usual glitching, plus a small amount of GIMP editing)

dragoat
Mar 21, 2012

YOU STOP THAT
Oh wow I was surprised to see this thread updated. I've been doing quite a bit of corrupting but I never posted any of it because I assumed the thread was dead. Anyways here's a bit of my favorites since the last one I posted.

all done in audacity.

• Locked thread