Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
So I decided to teach myself how to glitch. I started just a few days ago but I'm having a ton of fun doing this. I've never really had a creative side to me and it's an incredible feeling to have inspiration to do something. Anyway this is what I've done so far:

These two were my very first attempts. Made with Wordpad.

Then I got audacity and did this.

I decided to get crazy with photoshop. I think it's cool but maybe it's a bit much?

I had an idea today so I opened the Ferguson Season's Greetings pic in Notepad++ and typed some of Darren Wilson's testimony into it. I'm pretty happy with the result.

I'd love some feedback.
Those pixel sorting pics though. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
I broke some cars.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug

gently caress you're good at this.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug

Boi Hole posted:

Something's not quite right with my camera:

Seems fine to me.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug

President Kucinich posted:

60's Japanese fashion magazine scans make great material.

Also some gross dude eating pizza without a shirt on.

What did you use to make these?

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
I use ASDF and Pixel Drift but I know very little of what I'm doing with them and I can't for the life of me get any of Last Man Standing's scripts to work or do anything. Possibly related: my coding knowlege extends as far as copy and pasting code into notepad to make scripts for Arma.

For example:

I'm completely clueless as to what I can and cannot fiddle with below that red line.

I know you can pay for Pixel Drift, does that open up more options that let you move bigger chunks of the image around? I notice there are a lot of grayed out options in mine and everything I do is kind of just a fancy pixel sort.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug

TheLastManStanding posted:

If you're like the other people who have had trouble, it's either because you're bad at copy pasting, you aren't copy pasting every file in the folder (you need all the files for it to work), or you aren't putting your image file in the correct folder (some scripts require the file to be in a folder labeled '/data'). The easiest way to fix this is to just download the zip file.

Welp didn't see the zip from before. Your scripts are actually incredibly easy to use.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
The china.jpg thread has some good base images.

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
^^^Congrats man. Your work you show us on here is always amazing and you deserve it. I can't imagine how cool it must be to do something that you love and get paid for it.
After a 6 month haitus of dealing with family issues and playing video games(mild depression from said issues) I am now back. This thread is dying. This thread is becoming irrelevant. But, I've never done anything relevant.

Thank you Last Man Standing, your programs are amazing for a code-moron like myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
Can't stop, won't stop.

• Locked thread