Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I was hoping that Leo would end up trapped in the Krang world like Leatherhead. Oh well.

Watching Splinter kickass rat style was sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Splinter's cat line really got me :roflolmao:

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

I'm glad Splinter dropped the bomb shell at the end of the new episode. Makes a lot more sense for him to trust his family and work together with them instead of keeping secrets.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder how Casey is going to interact with the Turtles. I'm assuming he and Donny will have a rivalry, but I wonder if he'll buddy up with Mikey or Raph like he has in other Turtles media.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

I'm glad April recognized that what happened to her father was an accident and forgave the turtles.

I don't think we can call Donny a creep yet. Yes he still has romantic interests in April, but he hasn't been pushing his agenda lately. We'll have to see how he treats Casey and whether or not he tries to sabotage or mess with their relationship. Hopefully Splinter's lesson about letting people make their own decisions will stick.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Watching Slash waste the turtles gave me flashbacks of the SNES game.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, that is something. Maybe Mutagen Man will get April DNA in him.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Nice, I hope it's more than just that cameo. I've been waiting for some kind of joke about Rob Paulsen being in the original voice cast.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

That was definitely the best ending ever :roflolmao:

Man I hope we get to see some more of the old school turtles in the future. And I think April called Karai a witch at the end, but it did not sound like that.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

This retro-mutagen may not be perfect yet. I bet it's only temporary, or will end up some crazy side effect.

So great to see Baxter as a fly again. I've been wondering if it will happen in the IDW comic, and I totally forgot it was happening on this show. Also liked the Bebop and Rocksteady nod.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

That was awesome, felt like the kind of ridiculous stuff that used to happen on the 80's show.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Nice to see all of Shredder's troops at once, they even had some dynamics going on with each other. I wouldn't mind an episode starring the four of them.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

In my opinion the original live action movie was the only good one. It just amazes me that they can't make another one that doesn't suck.

I haven't seen the new one, but I read that the foot is not a ninja clan but a group of terrorists. Is that supposed to lure in people who are into current day war movies or something? Here's an idea, how about instead of the old communicators the turtles can use the new iPhone 6. That ought to bring in the teenage audience.

It would be great if this show got to have a theatrical movie, but I'm afraid something would go wrong. Like Nick would hire a separate group of writers, or force a bunch of ridiculous changes in hopes of drawing in a bigger crowd. It's like the turtles are cursed when they're in the movie theater.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, good job April. Mixed signals is exactly what Donny needs.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Sweet episode. Out of everything it was possessed Mikey that bothered me the most. Reminded me of the creepy Link statue from Majora's Mask. I grew up in the woods and I love how that's where the creepiest stuff always happens. I wish stuff like that actually happened, would be a lot less boring out there.

Good to see Raph kicking rear end and I'm glad that Mikey kick started the suspicion rather than Donny. On the subject of last weeks stinker episode I was thinking there are plenty of other directions they could take Don. Since Leo is still injured they could have him take initiative and step up to be the second in command. Or they could expand on the whole mutagen man issue and have him start working harder to be a better teacher/mentor.

Guess I'm just really disappointed that the writers decided to drag out this lame love triangle instead.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

I forgot about the stinger. Punk Frogs maybe?

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

What about the most important thing of all, toy sales?

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Sweet episode. I hope they wear and use their new spiritual stuff for a little while.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Oh yeah, the original duo is back! I'm glad the show is doing it's own take on them, they're also in the IDW comic but they're pretty much exactly the same as they were in '87.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Pretty sweet episode, so cool to see Shredder taking on all eight of them.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Shredder's got quite the mutant gang now. I'd love an episode seeing what a typical day is like for all of them.

Oh man, Triceratons are coming! Things are really picking up again.

TheFattestPat fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 15, 2015

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

I don't even care that it doesn't make sense, I love that '87 Krang got banished from the 2012 dimension for blowing things up like a moron. Weird not seeing Shredder around but hopefully he'll show up next time.

Best part was how everyone followed '87 Leonardo without question, because he leads!

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Ryaomon posted:

Uh pretty sure there was a good reason for that dude.

Yeah it's too bad, I always love seeing '87 Shredder. I don't remember ever seeing an episode where Krang and Shredder weren't together.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Some the episodes when they were hanging out in the woods were pretty bland, like the bigfoot one. Other than that I've been enjoying the show. I really like this version of Fugitoid, he totally made the last season for me.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Something crazy awesome has happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQNZcBTOgt8

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

These are all great, just the kind of wacky fun I've always loved from this franchise :toot:

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Glad to see Shredder's gang back in action. That was something I always wanted back when I was watching the 87 show, more mutant henchmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Whoa, that episode had too much awesome stuff in it. Wasn't expecting Alopex to show up in this series, and yet drunk Splinter ended up stealing the show for me.

• Locked thread