Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I love the new show and I love the characterization too, especially for Mikey. Wants his older brothers to respect him, constantly trying to prove himself but so lovably lazy. They are all written well though and acted perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I liked the episode but I do wish they start advancing the plot a little.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I do like the easter eggs and subtle nods to the previous incarnations of the turtles they put in here. Whether it is Mikey humming the theme song, the old April O'Neil in the comic, or the musical cues from the first movie.

edit: also the show seems like it should be creating more gifs, like Mikey's dance or when he tells Splinter after his no thinking fight.

Mooseontheloose fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 11, 2012

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
This show gets better with every episode.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Whoever voices Mikey just hits it out of the park every episode.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Thought the new episode today was a good filler episode. Loved the mousers.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Thought this was a fun episode with good callbacks to the season.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

MrFlibble posted:

(Fun fact, splinter is voiced by Kevin Clash in the first two movies, AKA the voice of elmo).

So that's where it started...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

There's definite potential to explore something interesting down the line there, if he's just unfocused and doesn't apply himself or if there is something deeper, either being comfortable with the family dynamic and not wanting to encroach on his brother's specialties, so is comparability unassertive, mellow and...uh, I want a kinder word than "dumber". Or it could be he doesn't see a point in applying himself like that because he doesn't feel he can compete with them. Something for much later, I think, when everyone else's issues have been well covered, and in the meantime the Mikey episodes can focus on his empathy and desire to engage with the wider world.

Mikey's big contrast is that he wants to be part of the bigger society where as his brothers are ok with being in the shadows. While they like the surface, they understand that the world might not be ready for them. Mikey feels isolated from not only his brothers but society itself.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I don't know but I'm having a cow. Even after the next episode there's probably going to be another agonizing wait for the ones after it. The wait up for the finale will be infuriating if it's a two parter and they do this again between the two parts. It really is avatar all over again.

I have a feeling they weren't expecting the show to do this well.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Did the 80s cartoon set up the base personalities for the turtles going forward or did the comics actually give them personalities?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I guess Jason Biggs couldn't make it to record that episode? The new VA kinda threw me off.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Seth Green has a pretty recognizable voice, so I'm curious as to how I'll be able to handle it. I honestly could not have identified Jason Biggs's voice from any other no-name actor's. Like Toadsniff, I don't get the trend of casting well-known actors in these kinds of roles.

To be fair, Seth Green is a talented voice actor who has been doing a lot of cartoons lately. He has some range on his voice and is good at disguising his normal voice. Biggs did a good job of giving Leo a sweet and vulnerable voice (thought could use a little more oomph I guess) and I am sure SG can do the same.

...I just analyzed the voice of cartoon turtles, I think I have a problem.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

Does machines. Donatello does machines.

I think Mechnophilia is inappropriate for a television show.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
There was also kinda a Nightmare on Elm Street reference with that monster and all the turtle heads pop out and start talking.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
At least the 87 Turtles were competent in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Outside of Donatello they kinda felt less competent than in Turtles Forever.

I feel like this show loves Donatello too much, though I might just be salty that in this show Donatello gets more interactions with Casey than Raph, and that the group's friendship with April is almost always downplayed for Donnie's creepy crush.

I dunno, I felt Turtles Forever was kinda meanhearted about the 80s turtles, like they were wussy or something.

• Locked thread