Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

soapgish posted:

1.11.2 crashes everytime I try to open a thread. Delete and reinstall did not fix.

The load image is great, though!

Chiming in. I'm experiencing the same issues as well.

Awful 1.11.2 with iOS 5.1.1

I can't live without Awful at work. What will my commutes become?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

is it possible to make the default home screen the bookmarks page?

awful 1.0 had that setting but I can't seem to find it on the new one.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

pokeyman posted:

It's on the list.

Are you in the habit of force quitting Awful? The other person who asked is.

I force quit to close Awful, among other apps, when I'm not going to use it for a while.

Thanks!!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

forgive me if this has been covered.

Running Awful 3.0 on my 6 with 8.1 installed. My PMs seem to be broken. Gives me an error message of: Network Error, failed to parse message in folder. code 1002

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

pokeyman posted:

Is your inbox empty? If not, it has not been covered and I am interested in fixing your problem.

Someone was kind enough to PM so it was working now. I did empty my inbox again and I'm getting the same error message again.

e: I fail at reading comprehension. I just realized you stated you're already aware of this issue with empty inboxes.

quote:

Network Error
Failed to parse message in folder; could not find message ID (code -1002)

I've tried logging out and uninstalling/reinstalling the app to no avail.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Oct 25, 2014

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

pokey, when is the next update hitting the app store? I need Awful to feel new and shiny...

also, are you planning to put a "you have no friends" message when your PMs are empty? Better than seeing an error message every time I accidentally hit that tab.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

easiest is to pretend you're a mod and have all "reports" sent to you.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

I can't seem to view all threads in a subforum. I had filter the games sub with 3ds to find something and now it won't revert back to the full thread list.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Spikey Willow posted:

Apologies if this has already been asked. I've filtered a forum by tag (PYF) but can't work out how to remove this filter?

I'm having this same issue. Not sure if they spotted my post a couple of days.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

3.4 is out, what the gently caress is with this shade of blue for the icon?

e: digging the new icons and thank you for adding a no filter option for the subforums.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Green Intern posted:

I am having an issue on my iPhone where I keep getting kicked to the App Store, as if I had clicked on an ad for candy crush or some poo poo. It started after I clicked a link through to a manga scan site. I definitely didn't click any ads on purpose. Any way to clear the app's cache short of deleting it entirely?

no manual way to delete the cache, just uninstall and reinstall. You can also set Safari as the default browser as well.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

101 posted:

I'm pretty sure logging out and back in will clear the cache

You are correct it seems. I rarely had issues with Awful, so I didn't think to log out only.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Running the latest Awful on a 6 with iOS 9.3.1. I see this little blue circle before the back arrow on any post.

Are you spying on me? Don't look at my browser history.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Awful is so much snappier and faster. The new loading icon is awesome but everything loads so fast now I can barely see it.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Awful only gets better with age. Thanks for the hard work!

New smiley loading is straight Princess Monoke.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Awful 3.17 is in the App Store but I keep getting an error message trying to update it. I'm posting this from my computer like a neanderthal.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

so yeah, the smilies selection keeps multiplying each one. I'm up to 5 repeats for each smilie.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

stickers are amazing :dance:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

I've been getting this whenever I mark a thread as unread recently. The unmark goes through just fine despite appearances and a refresh fixes things up.

I'm getting the same error when trying to bookmark or mark as unread. I also get it when I delete existing bookmarks.

Latest iOS on iPhone 7 here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Just wanted to chime in and say the new app icons are :sparkles:

• Locked thread