Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur
If I press and hold on a link to another thread, it gives you an option to "add to reading list" but as far as I can tell, there's no option to view said reading list. This feature would be so awesome if implemented right.

awesomekittens fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur
^^^^ Oh! Thanks!

Also would be handy: ability to view all posts by a specific user in a thread.

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur
I'm still getting that annoying jump to the top of the page. Seems mainly to happen in image-heavy threads, especially when you scroll to a gif. on further inspection it seems to happen when you scroll down too fast. Like, say, if you're trying to get to the last post on a page.

I know a "last post on current page" button was suggested earlier. Did that make it in 1.8/9? This would be super useful especially since when you post in a thread, it doesn't jump down to your post after submitting, but loads starting from the top of the page.

I like the suggestion to tap for in-app browser and hold for external browser. Maybe it "open in safari" could just be one of the options along with copy URL or whatever?

awesomekittens fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 13, 2012

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur
^^ yeah I lost my favorites too.

Looks pretty good guys! I held off on asking about this thinking it might be different in the new version, but it would be really nice if there was some kind of animation when you go to the next page in a thread. I can never tell if it actually registered my tap and end up hitting it again, going forward 2 pages.

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur
Can we get a list of updates/bugfixes implemented in 1.9? I know a lot of issues will be fixed and it'd be handy to know which ones.

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Please put jumping to the first unread post back in. I have no idea why you'd remove this.

As has been said, quick fix is to use your web browser to go to user control panel, and change your settings to "color viewed posts a different color." That's not quite the wording but I'm not by a comp and don't want to check.

Edit: damnit should have refreshed before posting.

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur

Dickweasel Alpha posted:

It should never change from blue in the app, either. Orange bookmarks were a bad decision.

All if my general bookmarks were blue and most-read threads were red, but now the lack of contrast means I'm likely to miss when a red thread is updated :(

Same here. My solution is to change all the orange (formerly blue) "general bookmarks" to yellow. The contrast is great enough for them to stand out.

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur
I get this error on every thread I open with unread posts. It doesn't seem to actually mean anything since after I hit ok, I can proceed normally.

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur
A way to refresh the posts that you've already loaded would be great. Sometimes on 4g pictures don't load and I have to mark the first post as read, go back to bookmarks, and click the thread again to see everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur

pokeyman posted:

You can reload the current page by tapping 'Page X of Y' then immediately hitting 'Jump to Page'.

There's also a setting 'Show Images'. If it's off, images are replaced with a link that shows the image when you tap it.

Do either of those help?

Yes! Thanks so much.

• Locked thread