Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Has anyone requested the ability to change bookmark colors in-app yet? Probably the thing I most miss from Awful.apk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I really like the keyboard extension for Awful, but it doesn't seem to have :getin: or :frogon: or :frogout: which makes me sad.

Well, pokeyman could take Apple S&P's word for it that it's too close to the ruined Pepe character, or he could try to explain that it's an odd inside joke five times removed from a softcore video from almost a decade ago, and you can imagine how chill they'd be about that (it'd be hypocritical as all hell given what they do let through, but it's not like there's an alternative app store on unbroken iOS).

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Snuffman posted:

Can the cache be capped or a delete cache button added? I don't like having to delete this app every other week.

Great app, but this recent cache ballooning out of control thing is getting ridiculous.

Log out and log back in.

Doesn't seem to save your settings if you log out, though.

They need to fix both of those. Maybe a 'clear cache' button in Settings > [apps section] Awful? But I have no idea the technical issues behind clearing cache.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Looks like the app header not receding for the in-call bar?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Blackfyre posted:

Every time I see a post from ArfJason (in the Xbox Shark Tank at least) it messes up my app. Can't see his joined date and get a massive blank white space where his post should be and I can keep scrolling and not see his or the following posts. Have to skip a page.

On iPhone 7 Plus.

That's because all he ever posts in there anymore is a 1px wide by 30,000px* tall transparent GIF and a mangled catchphrase.

*Not a typo.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

spanky the dolphin posted:

Yeah I'm using a iPhone 5 at the moment at it won't work. I think it's underpowered for such a task. IPad pro works every time.

The iPhone 5 is a 32-bit phone. Apple's preparing for a hard break (only supporting 64-bit) and we still don't have much idea what the fallout will be for 32-bit iOS devices. We already know they aren't getting iOS 11 but we don't know how long security patches or app downloads will be available.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I've only been using an iPhone for two weeks now, so this is probably something obvious. How do I search for something on the current page?

iOS convention (or at least Safari convention) is to stick 'find on page' in the Share menu for some god-awful reason. Or in the address bar for a modestly less god-awful reason. Other document viewers and editors (including iWork!) have different places for it.

The Awful app has no address bar and only thread-specific options in its Share menu. You can select text and get a system Share menu that way but still no search text option.

This may be a bit of an oversight.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 12, 2017

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

The drop-down page selectors are roughly manual. You're lucky if they parse in linear time. Parser apps like this one have to read in the page in its entirety to generate the posts.

THE RADIUMCRATS!

EDIT: Goofed.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Aug 21, 2017

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Toggle off Smart Punctuation manually in Settings: General > Keyboard. I guess Awful.app's attempt to disable it just for their app doesn't quite work yet.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Reply and especially edit previewing are busted as hell. Just constant previewing forever.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

dont be mean to me posted:

Reply and especially edit previewing are busted as hell. Just constant previewing forever.

Oh, I forgot to mention: Awful 3.28, iPhone 7+ on 11.0.3, freshly deleted and reinstalled, yada yada yada.

Annnnnd this very thread crashes Awful when I try to load its previous posts; that's just great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

I just realized this thread has negative unread posts if you're caught up with it.

You know how most threads the reply you just posted is marked unread when the post dialog goes to it? This thread doesn't do that.

EDIT:

spanky the dolphin posted:

Here's one I assumed no-one would want.

I'd be down for it. (I have :v: right now and am only modestly amused by it.)

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 12, 2017

• Locked thread