Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
The biggest problem I would like fixed is reading a thread and all of a sudden getting bumped back to the top because the app has finally finished loading all of the images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Maybe he's talking about when you refresh bookmarks, the threads look like they squish together and then expand out.

Edit: I got confused by the change to "posted" instead of "killed" there. Not sure why you made the change. In the previous version, sometimes I wouldn't bother to read a thread even if there was a new post, once I saw who had made it.

Oceanbound fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 10, 2012

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

It feels weird that I can no longer see the thread title when reading a thread. Especially if I'm accessing it from Bookmarks, there's just a huge blank space at the top.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Oh? Here's what I'm seeing:

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

It's a bug. Some people are missing the title.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

I'm on a non jailbroken iPhone 4, 5.1.1. Haven't seen any titles since the new app.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Getting a frequent problem where bookmarks, forums and favourites all turn blank. I can access the Awful thread through settings though.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

I had identical symptoms to ChatReckless' pretty much, using an iPhone 4 on 5.1.1. I've just updated to 6, and haven't seen it happen again yet (but haven't used the app much since either)

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Terminal Entropy posted:

Any plans to open [timg] tagged images in full in the browser or something similar? It wouldn't have to be full image but the thumbnail is too small for phone viewing, especially if it is a goon photoshop as there subtle details a lot of times.

Long pressing on the image should do this, no?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Definitely agree with flaps, I used to use both forum/favourite tabs as an easy way to browse two separate sections, and I rarely use PMs, so now I have a useless tab reducing usability. It would be nice to be able to get rid of the PM tab.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Base Emitter posted:

I just updated Awful on my iPhone 4s with iOS 5.1.1 (I've just never bothered to plug in and update) and now trying to view any thread crashes the app.

Sounds like you're still using the outdated app, not the new Awful that's on the store.

Or update to iOS 6.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Is there any way to go straight from a thread reached via Forums to Bookmarks now (iPhone)?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

a glorious hole posted:

Can I get to settings without backing out of whatever thread I'm in and then going back and scrolling to where I was?

Same deal with quickly hopping between different threads, I liked being able to swap between my bookmarks and a forum instantly if I was following a couple things. That functionality of basically having two active threads is gone now since you have to back out every time to get back to the menu?

e: and if going back from browsing around in the forums "tab" I have to back out first to the forum, then to the forum list, then to the sidebar.

If you long press on back then it returns to the forum list right away, thus skipping one step, but it looks like you and I are the only ones who liked browsing two threads at once?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

The Dave posted:

Hey I know nothing about code either! (Well not real development, just front end stuff.)
Walk me through your flow where you are reading book mark threads and non book mark threads back and forth so much, just curious about your behavior and want to understand it more.

If I'm reading a topical thread (like a sports GDT, for example) I sure want to follow it, but I'd never bookmark it. Having two tabs means I can refresh it whenever while still keeping track of bookmarks at the same time.

I assume most people mainly use Bookmarks to read threads. The design change means I'm basically discouraged from browsing via Forums, unless I'm prepared to spend a while without refreshing Bookmarks (not likely).

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

The Dave posted:

See I'm just not personally convinced the flow needs to be changed to accommodate that vs. the user getting used to bookmarking things they plan on checking out more than once and un-bookmarking when they're done with it. But that's just like, my opinion man.

I understand, but from my perspective that just seems like the app telling me how I should be reading the forums, and I don't think it's the app's place to do that.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

I definitely don't want to see custom titles. Just a waste of space.

^^^^^^ and I agree with that

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

The bookmark refreshing thing is still there on a 5 phone, I've lost track of the number of times I've gone to the wrong thread because the list refreshed 0.0005 seconds before my finger touched the screen.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

When I look at a rap sheet (iphone 5) some of the entries are cut short with ... for some reason. Doesn't seem to do with length since other longer entries show up in full.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Nope sorry not seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Baram posted:

Can I disable the avatar/account name I don't want to be forever reminded that I'm a stupid newbie.

This is how they remind you. Of what you really are.

• Locked thread