Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

10 Beers posted:

Every time I open Awful, it immediately closes itself. Every other app works fine. Anyone else having this problem?

E: nevermind, seems to work now.

Happening to me too, except it opens and doesn't display anything, then stays open.

I just installed 7.1 for iPad the other day, I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

Reinstalled just now and seems to work fine. welp.

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

TheJoker138 posted:

Sometimes when I go to pull a thread up to refresh it it hangs, and I have to swipe the opposite way and then up. I don't know if this is the app or just some other weirdness, though.

Happens on my iPad 4, also threads load much more slowly in general with iOS8 (I was a late adopter).

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
The recent update made every loading screen go faster on my iPad 4, hot poo poo! Thank you :)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

david_a posted:

V3.5, iPad, landscape orientation: the forum thread is now too wide and scrolls horizontally. Portrait orientation does not scroll. Hiding/reshowing the sidebar does not fix it. Killing the app does not fix it.

Same. iPad4 if it helps.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Editing this to say never mind, it got disabled in settings somehow along the way

Also is there a way to clear my cache without deleting the app? It's holding 2.6GB right now and that seems awful high...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
On iPad, tabbing from the iOS podcast player or from Spotify into Awful now pauses whatever is playing, I used to be able to browse and listen simultaneously. I don't know if this is an iOS thing or a awful thing, but it sucks! Any way to check up on this?

I did some more testing: with a full reload this isn't a problem, it must like... maintain the idea that I played a different media file in Awful at some point and left the app itself as prioritized?

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 28, 2017

• Locked thread