Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Please take all the stupid icons out. Half of them don't exist anyway and it just makes the app size itself larger. It was better when it was clean and simple.

Also, when opening a forum, the threads should automatically refresh. These forums move fast and a lot of stuff changes constantly, so having to pull to refresh every time is lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

supersteve posted:

I like the look the icons give so maybe just an option to toggle them for those who don't?

I've said this before but there's no reason to design a new icon set when forums already has thread tags, just link to them like before if you need them.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Please remove the dumb condescending conformation that pops up every time you make a reply. This doesn't appear on actual forums so it shouldn't in an app.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
I'd also like the old method that showed the last reply to a thread. So when a username is long is bleeds into the page count.

Also please return to auto refreshing thread lists when you go back to them since this stuff changes quite oven.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/fQiKc.jpg

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
While I have you, please consider a toggle for the post notice. It's quite annoying.

Actually it reminds me of content warnings on government systems

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
You need the ios6 blob pull to refresh thing.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Can you make dark mode function throughout everything and not just thread views? Opening the app without a thread showing still produces a bright white screen which is disorienting on the iPad at night.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Refresh is...okay but it really should be a button on the bar or just pull to refresh. It also clashes with the dark theme.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
The newest version of awful should require the absolute latest version of iOS like S2 MAXX did to keep pirates away and make bug testing easier so you don't have to account for someone's 900 different unauthorized hacks on an outdated version of iOS fouling the app.

got dat wmd fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 9, 2013

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
For some reason I can't edit posts inapp anymore. There's no edit button at all

Ohh wait there it is.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
I get that you're all proud of spending so much time redesigning all the thread tags but please bring back the option to disable them. I can't even fathom why it was removed.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
The old interface with some additional colouring and redesign of the buttons is probably as iOS7 as you can get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
I don't know how anyone can say this update is great and "haters to the left" when it removes functionality like the option to remove thread tags in a rush to get it in before the app freeze.

Telling people that they should have disabled app updates is utterly absurd considering awful.app for me at least is the only ios7 update I've ever had issues with.

Please try not to achieve a Linux forum degree of lack of helpfulness when seeing complaints.

got dat wmd fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 18, 2013

• Locked thread