Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
After studying the code a bit, it seems like the list of posts looks like a uitableview but is actually a uiwebview masquerading as one. I guess this seemed like a good idea because parsing html into tablecells is a PITA, (Chooch where's the api), but changing anything about how posts are displayed requires dicking around with whatever was ripped out of SALR.

Is this a halfway decent assessment? It explains why infinite scrolling via SVPullToRefresh doesn't actually work (since AwfulPage.m is a Controller for a UIWebView rather than a UITableView)

I'm new to the whole iOS programming thing but this strikes me as weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

Aatrek posted:

The app probably sends the link to the default external browser. Unless you've jailbroken your device, that's going to be Safari.

You can use "googlechrome://" as a protocol to get links to open in chrome.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

Diabolik900 posted:

This beta feels really weird after using Awful 2 for the past few weeks. So far so good though.

Edit: I actually thought this was the Awful 2 development thread. To be clear for anyone who isn't following it, I was building Awful 2 from source. It's definitely not ready yet.

so is awful 2 gonna be the one with non-webkit rendering or has that been abandoned

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

pokeyman posted:

ultramiraculous did some namesake work on it, but I cut it for the initial release. Lots of work to do even without futzing with Text Kit.

WebKit rendering is still by far the biggest source of crashes though, so I still want to fix that.

I will find time to upgrade the settings toolkit I swear.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

Where do I sign up for the beta I'm getting bored on manually building awful.ipa

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

3d touching into bookmarks skips the crashes

6s+ get on my level~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

app needs more haptic feedback 1/5

• Locked thread