Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Speaking of scrolling to the top, any chance you could replace Scroll To End with Scroll To Top when you reach the bottom of the page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

xzzy posted:

Feature is already there, tap the status bar at the top of the screen. Every single iOS app does this too.

Oh dang you were talking about the one with the time and carrier info. Learn something new every day.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I was really hoping it was a blurred out goatse myself

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

Just coming here to say that I giggle at the patch notes every time.

same

Feature request: would it be possible to add "flick to close image view" functionality like how tweetbot behaves?

Bug?: due to an iOS bug every once in a while all the free space on my iPhone gets filled up with whoknowswhat. When this occurs trying to do anything in awful.app results in a cocoa error 13

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

withak posted:

Try swiping down à la the Facebook app.

That's cool. I feel like I learn something new about awful.app every month

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
In addition to the previously reported crash bugs, pull to refresh thread now always takes me to the top of the page instead of last unread post. 5s on 9.3.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Whenever I try to filter Games by the Trout tag I get no results, unless I back out to the forums list and click on Games again I get like a second before it refreshes and returns the normal forum view.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

Sometimes my bookmark list continually bounce while the loading smiley shows up.

I don't know what causes this but it's hilarious to watch

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Sometimes when I have multiple pages of thread lists in a forum index open and I refresh the list (either by pulling down or by going back into the forum index), the list of threads doesn't go back to being one page and it seems like pagination stops working correctly too.

3.16 SE

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
3.16 SE

if I log out, the app crashes the first time I try to log back in. Works just fine the second time

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Man I went to go look at the todo list to see if the issue I was having was already reported and that's a pretty big list

Anyways, right now the issue I'm having is that after loading a few extra pages in a forum, sometimes Awful will attempt to load that many pages again on subsequent visits to the forum. Oftentimes the app will freeze while it tries loading everything, but still buffer any touch events you might be giving it so it loads everything simultaneously. Doing a pull to refresh will sometimes collapse it back down to one page temporarily, and logging out and back in resets the page counter. iphone se 3.17 but it happened to my old 5s as well

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 26, 2016

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Any chance of adding a fallback mechanism for thread tags that don't have a converted awful.app version yet? Instead of displaying the generic bullet point icon, I mean.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I've been getting this whenever I mark a thread as unread recently. The unmark goes through just fine despite appearances and a refresh fixes things up.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Bug report: F2P thread tag now same size as other thread tags

Latest version of Awful, iOS9.3.5

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I logged out today to try to fix this phantom sticky thread that still thought it was sticky even though it wasn't, and now no thread tags show up when I try to filter by thread tag.

Awful 7.25, iPhone 9.3.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
spoopy once-sticky threads are rearing their heads again

• Locked thread