Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKY COQ posted:

Awful keyboard, a free standalone custom keyboard. You know it makes sense.

I'd pay a couple bucks for one, actually. A friend of mine lurks SA and we'll sometimes just text emote codes to eachother. We know what they mean, but actually being able to use the emotes would be killer.

I initially thought that .gif keyboard would allow you to import your own and was psyched to be able to text :spergin: and :colbert: and :smuggo: to non-SA users. SA really has the best emotes.

So yeah, I for one would drop about $2.99 on an iOS Awful Emoji keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

It took like two minutes to quote this post, you cant copy an image url anymore, and the app blocks out any music players. gently caress Tim

I haven't noticed the first or third issue (I haven't tried copying an image url yet).

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to fix it?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

gabensraum posted:

Googling suggests that a lot of people are having wi-fi issues in ios8 across many apps when LTE is fine.

Maybe it has to do with the type of wireless router people have? I haven't noticed any issues at all with my Linksys AC router.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

PREYING MANTITS posted:

I saw this linked elsewhere about slow wifi performance when the router is something other than WPA2.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6545103

FWIW, mine is set to WPA2 and I haven't noticed any slowdown issues with the app.

Same here, WPA2, no issues.

Don't tell me there are still goons out there rolling with anything else. I can't think of any other reason besides, like, Nintendo DS connectivity reasons, and those are moot anyway since Nintendo killed the Wii and DS wireless services earlier this year.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just got the update. Looks and works fantastic on the 6 Plus. TYVM everyone!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

I'm also seeing the bottom tab bar become invisible like this.

Also 4:20 everyday

I've been able to replicate this. It happens when you rotate to landscape and back to portrait.

Going to the bookmark page and back will fix it, but going to the next page in a thread will not. [Edited because I typed the opposite of reality like an idiot]

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

noirstronaut posted:

Hey pokeyman, the app seems to only use the new icon for the homescreen and that's pretty much it. In Settings, it's the old icon, and if I use an app that needs to launch of utilize the app in anyway, it still shows the old pre-iOS 7 icon.

Actually on that note it looks like the ratings bars are off center on the icon on my 6 Plus. Tiny nitpick. I know, but once I realized it I can't unsee it.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

pokeyman posted:

Shout out to :sonia: for getting the smilie keyboard rejected! :sigh:

Dumb question, but what if you were to censor the smilie in the keyboard and app? Though I guess the easiest thing to do would be to leave her out, I doubt anyone would notice or care.

Also could I get an invite to the TestFlight group? My email is lelandjspencer@gmail.com

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

pokeyman posted:

Smilie keyboard got rejected once again, this time for guideline 16.2 "Apps that are primarily designed to upset or disgust users will be rejected", along with 21 screenshots supposedly containing "objectionable content". So I guess the jizzing dicks weren't ok either. I'll figure something out I guess. Sorry for the delays.

Heh, I guess they don't actually read any of the forums when testing the apps, because one look at GBS or FYAD would probably result in the app straight up being blacklisted from the store.

In any occasion, thanks again for your work on the keyboard, sorry that it's turning out to be such a pain in the rear end.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Subjunctive posted:

What would you have Peek/3D activate? Curious about what people are looking for it to do for them.

I would love being able to 3D press a post and have it pop up the quote/user info/etc options that are currently available under the … menu.

Not sure if that's logistically possible though.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
To answer the question in the TestFlight notes, 3D Touch is fixed on this Goon's 6s.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
What are the chances of implementing keyboard shortcuts for us iPad Smart/Bluetooth Keyboard users? I'm thinking:

Whoops, someone requested this on the previous page! I'll leave my suggestions up though:

*Up/Down (and j/k) to scroll through a thread
*Cmd+N to create a new reply
*Cmd+Enter to Preview/Reply
*Cmd+M to add/remove bookmark
*Cmd+B to open bookmarks
*Cmd+I to open main index
*Cmd+{/} to advance pages
*Cmd 1-5 to vote

The next few may not be doable but would also be sweet to have:
*Cmd+L to mark Last read
*Cmd+E to edit
*Cmd+Q to quote

Thanks!

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 20, 2016

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not sure if this is a known bug or not but on the latest beta whenever I delete a thread from my bookmarks none of the other threads can be opened. I have to force quit the app to select them again.

Also the link to the Awful thread in settings doesn’t work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

you might need to update, the settings link is how I got here

(I'm on iOS, no clue if the versions are kept in line)

I’m on the latest beta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuE8REVJ5wY

• Locked thread