Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
May be missing something obvious here but what's TCC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

priznat posted:

Wow without the ad banners on the iPhone 5 the viewing area seems huuuuuuuge now.

Definitely a worthy purchase.
I bought ad free a couple of days ago because of the skimpily dressed ladies made it look like I was doing something odd in public. It's nice to not have them but how does it increase the viewing area at all?! They only show up at the very bottom of the thread.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Mine's working fine. Has yours always been like that?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Had any more approval hiccups or should we be able to experience the new Awful soon?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
If you're taking feature requests, I'd love customisable font/font size and the ability to sort your bookmark tab to have threads with new posts first (SALR style). Are those at the very least feasible?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Can't wait :D That actually looks really cool.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
So confused right now Don't know what causes this but I had to force quit.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Test

Edit: Awful's working great. The gamer.txt thread has no image though whereas before it did.

Nice to be rid of that annoying frog.

Edit2: It has some odd looking animation when refreshing. I assume you're aware of it?

101 fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 10, 2012

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Diabolik900 posted:

I noticed this too, but it's much better in the newer versions, so please be patient.
Ah thanks, will do. :f5:

Feature request - Dark mode throughout the app when it's enabled. It's fantastic for late night SAing and it's annoying when your eyes get blasted by the white of the thread list. It's the epitome of first world problems but is something that could be done? I'd sure appreciate it :) As would others I assume.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Just noticed this. That's going to save me some time.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

pokeyman posted:

I'd love some feedback on this. I can't decide if it's good enough so we can do away with the [ ] = / shortcuts.

I prefer it. The shortcuts at the top looked odd to me and this is simple.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

BGrifter posted:

I'm sure you don't want the list to get too long when tap and holding but a spoiler tags button would be really nice. If you added that I wouldn't miss the [ ] = / shortcuts at all.

It's there

Works great!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Diabolik900 posted:

Definitely a bug. The button should still be there.
It's not but swipe works fine anyway.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

ClydeUmney posted:

A weird one: I was trying to use the format shortcut you guys built in when I was typing a reply, but every time I clicked on it (I was trying to use italic formatting, if it matters), it closed that menu and jumped back to the top of my post without inserting the tags. Now when I try it here, it does the same thing as soon as I press "format".
How weird, it was working fine for me and now it's doing the exact same thing.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Fantastic, how long ago was the update submitted?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

tuyop posted:

Just testing out the quote reply thing.

It's seems to be working fine for me on 1.8. Has the blank quote reply still a problem with this version?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

withak posted:

One more mistake like this and you are fired pal.

Or a serious pay reduction :argh:

pseudonordic posted:

Bahaha.

On the plus side, Awful let me quote! :holy:

I'm quoting and editing. Beat that!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

jojoinnit posted:

Just noticed I also seem to have access to TCC

Same here, probably due to the fact he submitted an old version. You got TCC in at least :P

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

DanManIt posted:

So which app should I get now for the 5? OP isn't really clear

Here's a link.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Ethereal posted:

Random very low priority feature request: iCloud syncing of favorites and settings!

I'd love to see that somewhere down the line but I can see there's much more pressing and essential upgrades that take priority.

Streaming on WiFi would be great too, like Tweetbot. Where the thread list just constantly updates while you're viewing it.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

pokeyman posted:

I'm trying not to implement any features that automatically poll the server too often. Twitter provides streaming APIs, which is what I imagine Tweetbot uses.

Fair enough. Would an option to auto refresh when leaving a thread be feasible? That's what I end up doing anyway so it'd be cool if it was seamless.

Edit: We need the cool new IOS 6 refresh animation as well :P

101 fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 22, 2012

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

The Dave posted:

Curious though. You find the grey between posts jarring, did you find the big blue poster info bar jarring?

I'd personally prefer if it was black with dark mode on but I don't mind the grey. It'd be great if the post window had a dark background in dark mode as well.

An Instapaper like sunset mode would be fantastic. Set your timezone and it's light during the day and goes to dark mode at night.

I had to use the Imgupr app to upload that photo as well. The built in uploader wouldn't open.

Sorry for the wall of text but this is my second most used app and I'd love to see it get even better.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
When I click on a link to a post (within a quote) I get a 404 error every time.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
What sorcery is this?! Also the new navigations buttons at the bottom are looking sweet! Any timeframe for this update, oh mighty, Awful Gods?

Edit: Shame on you for not using Dark Mode. I'd be interested to see the split between dark/light mode users if that's available :spergin:

101 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 7, 2012

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Diabolik900 posted:

I honestly don't use dark mode in any other apps, but I've taken to it in Awful 1.9.
I exclusive use dark mode if there's a choice. Just more comfortable on my eyes.

Diabolik900 posted:

Not sure if he's submitted it to Apple yet, but Pokeyman finalized 1.9 some time yesterday.
Good to hear. Is the post window black in dark mode now? I remember it being brought up (I think my me) and added to 'the list'.
Really appreciate all your hard work Pokeyman.

Edit: Are you two testers by the way? Or is there someway to get 1.9 early I'm unaware of.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Diabolik900 posted:

If you know what you're doing, you could get 1.9 now by building it from source.

I don't, so I'll just

pokeyman posted:

Enjoy the two week wait.

I also volunteer to test should the need arise.

Won't it take longer than two weeks due to the 'Christmas rush'?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I'm particularly interested by this one

What does that entail? I'm curious :allears:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

pokeyman posted:

Also I try to keep those commit summaries short so sometimes I get creative in the verb department.

Haha, brilliant. Looking forward to trying 1.9. Any HUGE ideas for 2.0+?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Bummey posted:

or to "get" some mentioned avatar joke.

I hear you loud and clear Happy Noodle Boy :D

I plan on getting platinum soon so search and PM support would be cool.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Will archives work with Awful? I do most of my browsing on this great app so I want to know before I 'waste' my :10bux:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I was more thinking if you bookmark the archived thread (can you do that actually?) will it work?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Diabolik900 posted:

You can't bookmark an archived thread.

Ah, never mind then. The main reason was I finally started watching Heroes recently. I'm up to season 4 and it's started getting pretty ridiculous. I was going to read the thread up until the point the next episode aired, guess that's not really possible without bookmarks.

The Dave posted:

I actually forgot that I have archives.

Would there really be hoops to go through to just add them to the end of the forums list?

That would be great :D

Not really the place to ask but I don't suppose there's still an active Heroes thread? I don't have platinum so I can't search.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

xzzy posted:

I don't think you even need the archives upgrade to view the posts.. you just need the upgrade to be able to search dates.

A random archived thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1737471

You do, that link doesn't work in the app or in safari.

pokeyman posted:

Whatever Archives gets you, I'll make sure Awful takes advantage.

Great to hear, I fancy seeing some SA threads from the past anyway (and rap sheets are always fun) so I'll treat myself soon.

Thanks again pokeyman!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

dexter6 posted:

So... v2?

No rounding!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
What do the colours next to some of my unread bookmarks mean?

DARK MODE THROUGHOUT!

Thanks for a great update, not had an issue in the 10 minutes or so I've been messing with it.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

jackofarcades posted:

Colors next to bookmarks are what color you have them assigned. Blue, Yellow, or Red

Ah right, thanks. Forgot I did that as I don't use the SA website much anymore.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
The bookmark list pull to refresh seems fine but the pull up at the end of a thread had go go almost to the blue bar at the top on an iPhone 5 and seems a bit too far really. Maybe I just need to get used to it like The Dave said.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I'd love an option/toggle that turns avatars off on 3G, but keeps them on on wifi.

Would this be at all possible in a future release?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

zergstain posted:

And I kinda miss the option to load the last 1 or 2 read posts before the new posts. Gives me context when picking up a thread.

You can just click the previous posts button. It works really well, keeps your place if you've just entered a thread and that way you can pick and choose which threads so you don't have to load more than you need all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Good advice is to always use "timg" instead of "img" just in case.

• Locked thread