Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Is the light bottom bar (in dark mode) in the new beta intentional?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
For some reason in the latest beta you can't use the default themes or the (superior) orange YOSPOS theme

Also, image uploading failed so I had to use upit

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Maybe I'm crazy but scrolling up and down the bookmarks tab on iOS9 feels less than smooth

This is on an iPhone 6 as well so it shouldn't have this android-esc scroll jank :colbert:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

glassyalabolas posted:

no manual way to delete the cache, just uninstall and reinstall. You can also set Safari as the default browser as well.

I'm pretty sure logging out and back in will clear the cache

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

baram. posted:

also the keyboard does this after selecting an image to upload. fixes itself if you hit a button that would change the keyboard "page".

I get this in Spotify when searching for stuff too so I don't know if it's an iOS 9 oddity or a bug Awful and Spotify have in common

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Vegastar posted:

The big problem with the html5 gifs is that as soon as one appears onscreen, it fucks up any other media that's playing to prepare to show it. Having an html5 gif on screen at all in every app I've ever used stops my music or AirPlay session and makes me loving insane. It's not a problem the app can solve, it's a hosed up iOS thing, but if we starting autoloading .gifv I'd probably stop using the app entirely.

I don't know what Twitter does with gifs in it's official app but it lets you manually decide to play them (if you change the autoplay setting) and it doesn't disrupt music. It's actually one of a few reasons I haven't gone back to Tweetbot.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
The latest Tweetbot update somehow fixed both the 'open in YouTube' issue as well as letting you swipe-to-dismiss Safari View Controller

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Storysmith posted:

Assuming it's the same embedded Safari, it works in Twitter. I don't actually know any other apps I have installed that include a webview like that.

Not the same one

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Soricidus posted:

Still don't. It isn't.

Agreed. It looks a lot nicer and it really doesn't make all that much difference. Especially now you have NightShift to help make your eyes more comfortable in the dark

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Every thread is completely blank for me in the beta that just got pushed… so that's fun

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
This might just be me but it'd be nice to have pull for next page and pull to refresh as different toggles

I'm not a fan of pull to next page but I'd still like to be able to check for new posts when I get to the bottom of a thread

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Abjad Soup posted:

When I have a thread open in Awful, go to another app and do enough stuff that Awful's evicted from memory, then when I go back to Awful it just loads the beginning of the page. Doesn't even try to jump back to my previous scroll location :mad:

Also I haven't seen the bookmark bouncing thing either :mad::mad::mad:

Ditto to both of these

I'm sure the app used to be pretty good about scrolling back to where you were if it fell out of memory too

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

baram. posted:

some post/page counts are turning into …

i guess it's the formatting truncating when text gets pushed off screen since some numbers here are partially out.

iphone 5s
ios10 beta 4
awful 3.16 (31601 testflight build)

Getting the same thing

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
A

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Yeah, I can't really remember a time it worked for me but I still try it almost every time anyway

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Yeah we love our app and we love our pokeyman

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Happened to me in Narwhal earlier. Was going to file a bug report to them.

Are you on the 10.3.2 beta too? Could be that

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Apple is doomed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Any guesses as to why this app takes up almost 6 gb on my iPad?

Usually a cache thing. There's an empty cache button at the top of the settings tab just below log out

• Locked thread